New graduate nurse-BSNRegister Today!
- by Eminemily Oct 27, '11I graduated from a nursing school in Ohio in May with my BSN and moved out here with my family directly afterwards. I have passed my NCLEX and have been searching for jobs for approximately 6 weeks or so with absolutely NO LUCK! It seems like every job at every hospital states "No New Graduates" or requires at least 1 year of experience. I've applied to pretty much every job that stated "Experience Preferred" and pretty much got turned down right away. I live north of Denver, but at this point am pretty much willing to go anywhere in CO to get a job!!
Does anyone have any idea of a hospital that is hiring new graduates?!
Any information would be helpful...
- Oct 27, '11 by JenniferSewsI hear some of the northern hospitals in Fort Collins, etc are still hiring new grads. I'm not sure if that's really true but with a BSN you have a slight edge. Unfortunately the market is extremely saturated in CO with a ton of new nursing programs within the last few years and "new grad" has become a liability.
Some nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities will still hire a highly motivated and smart new grad. My advice is to put on your best suit and bring your resume to every facility that might hire a nurse within driving distance. I did this 18 months ago and that's how I got my job as an ADN. But I know things have gotten harder since then. Best of luck to you!
- Oct 28, '11 by kloneAs a new grad, if you want to work at a hospital, you will have to go through a nurse residency program. UCH, Children's, and Exempla (I think? - maybe it's Health One) have nurse residency programs.
- Oct 31, '11 by Lizzie21The hiring process here is horrible. I waited 4 months before I got hired on at Exempla. The best way to get in, is go to each floor as ask for the manager. Hand in resumes. This shows them that you are motivated. Good luck!
- Nov 5, '11 by DamailaRNKinda late for the new grad program this season, but try contacting the nursing recruiter at Presbyterian / St. Luke's - he's one of the best I've encountered for replies.
- Nov 6, '11 by ramonmalinoHave you tried North Colorado Medical Center? My fioncee applied at McKee, their sister-hospital, and got in. They're usually very good about hiring new grads