Just Took My Boards For The First Time
- 0Nov 13, '03 by wnt2besurgrnTHIS IS A SECOND CAREER FOR ME, AND I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL OF THE HOOPS WE GO THROUGH TO DO SOMETHING WE LOVE, PATIENT CARE. I FEEL LIKE I MIGHT HAVE FAILED. ANY WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AT THIS TIME, I AM FEELING VERY ALONE
- 0You are fare from alone. Same feelings and same uncertainty. Whether you pass or not...you are a champian in my book. Look how far you ahve come..what obticals you have overcome..all that you have learned and assimulated. You are one who has seend the dream and went for it and in my book that is tremendious. The passing of a single test can not possibley cover all that you have to offer the world around you. When I took the boards an I know it is the same now the test is not so much hwo much you knoe but how well you can take the test.
Mutiple Mutiple Choise test RIGHT. Mow that it is done done worry until the letter come in the mail. Cant fret about what you dont know...just wasted energy RIGHT.
And when it comes rip that sucker open and read. then as you have so magnificantly done thus far deal with it as it is bold face in front of you. Im sure you did fine and probablyt much better than I would if I were to take it now some 24 years later.
Learning is a life long process. I have learned to branch out into owning my own business ( A nessessity in this day and age for everyone) Keep your head up and take what is before you not what might be ...maybe...if....Cast your doubt aside and be proud you ahve made this far and you wouldnt have graduated if the intitution didnt think you are ready.. Believe!
Welcome fellow Nurse.
- 0Nov 17, '03 by wnt2besurgrnwow, i can't believe the anticipation and wondering what the hell i am going to do if i fail, so instead of sitting around wondering i called the house supervisor and let her know that my interim permit license is expired as of tonight. she said she would talk to the director and see what they could come up with while i wait for results. see it might not be so bad after all. i really appreciate your very kind words and even got a little teary. thank you for reminding me that it's just a stupid test and that's it. feel free to write whenever you feel the want to. ::chuckle
- 0Nov 17, '03 by wnt2besurgrnJohn, how long have you been a nurse and what type of nurse are you? I called work today to speak to the director about what to do if i failed the exam and i haven't gotten a call back yet, so now i am in double limbo, waiting and wondering. I was supposed to go to work tomorrow but my interim permit expires today, I am going to go check the po box and see if there is any news.
- 0Try not to worry. it will all work out without the loss of energy and tention.
Employeers are too dependent on you assitance. I am sure there will be arraingments made. and you cant mke water boil buy watching it. Enjoy Monday night football and relax tomorrow will take care of itself.
24 yrs now and check out my web page and you will see my CV and I own a couple business.
Email me any time heck call if you want.
Enjoy now and be proud of yourself.Last edit by J. B. on May 31, '04
- 0May 14, '04 by scox2053Quote from wnt2besurgrnOK, how do I start. I am 37 years old and have never failed a test before I failed my boards for the first time. It was devastating but I had great support from my family amd co workers. Don't dwell on the test, if you passed then fantastic, if you failed then step up to the plate, take a deep breath and study the parts of nursing that you think you need work on. I took the NCLEX and took all 265 questions the first time and hated the next couple of days. The second time I took my test I was ready. That test was by far the hardest test I have ever taken. The one piece of advice I can give you is don't quit, you have worked too hard to get as far as you have. Good luckTHIS IS A SECOND CAREER FOR ME, AND I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL OF THE HOOPS WE GO THROUGH TO DO SOMETHING WE LOVE, PATIENT CARE. I FEEL LIKE I MIGHT HAVE FAILED. ANY WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AT THIS TIME, I AM FEELING VERY ALONE