Help with registering for nursing licensure in Colorado from Oklahoma!
- 0Mar 10 by mtoddRNHello all! I am currently a senior nursing student in Oklahoma! My husband is stationed in Colorado, and I will be moving there after graduation!
Can anyone please tell me the process of getting registered for my nursing license with the Colorado Board of Nursing? In my current state, the process is different. From what I can see on the DORA website, the Colorado nursing license registration process is different. I know there is a form to fill out. But I was wondering if there were any new or recent Colorado nursing grads out there who can help me!
Is there anything I should do right now? Anything I can turn in? Or do I just have to wait until after I graduate? Do I need a "boar" picture (aka that picture where it is just your face from the neck up), a background check?
I am just confused in general, and sadly I have called the nursing schools in Colorado and have not been able to get much help about the process in registering to get my nursing license in Colorado. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you in advance!
- 546 Visits
- 0Mar 10 by mtoddRNI've tried calling DORA. But I have absolutely not been able to actually speak with anyone. I've left messages, and no word back. I was hoping for Colorado nurses who have gone through the process of getting registered to help! But thank you for your suggestion! I wish DORA would actually answer back....
- 0You need to register on the nursys website first and have your info available to the state of Colorado. On the Dora site you should be able to fill out your application and submit. I transferred in from NM and it was pretty once I found all the info. I had to email someone about some specifics and they responded really fast. Maybe email them and ask for the specific link to the application.
- 0Mar 11 by mtoddRNI didn't see any type of online application for nurses on the DORA website? There is a Health profile that I have to fill out (Which is online), but I was told I can only do this after I fill out the form and mail it in. Lauaraross1, when you were registering, was your application an all-paper process? Excluding the health profile online application...?
- 0Mar 12 by StormyD_RNI transferred from Oklahoma to Colorado. It was a paper application. However, I had my license to begin with in Oklahoma and got my license in Colorado by endorsement. When I had a question I emailed the board. I got a quick reply that way. I had my Colorado license within 2 weeks.
- 0Mar 23 by mtoddRNI have contacted DORA, and just wanted to update! It seems I will have to wait until after graduation before I can start applying for anything. This is okay by me. Thank you for letting me know that emailing them might get me a faster answer back! It was truly frustrating when I couldn't talk to anyone on the phone!! And also thank you for all of the advice and info!!