Applied to CU Nursing, BSN Traditional, Summer 2013 start - Page 7Register Today!
- Nov 26, '12 by bird8I found out today I got offered a spot in the CU traditional program. I am definitely grateful and relieved ... but also pretty bummed, because I really wanted the accelerated program. I had a good interview, have (nearly) a 4.0 GPA, plus 10 yrs healthcare experience. The only thing I didn't have was a Master's degree. Best of luck to everyone still waiting. I am not sure where to go from here yet...
- Nov 27, '12 by SMB13I received my letter yesterday! It was dated 11/19, but didn't reach CA til 11/26. I applied to the accelerated, but was offered traditional. I'm a little bummed, but being offered a spot in the traditional is a huge relief and definitely better than waiting another year to apply! Congrats to everyone for getting in!
- Nov 27, '12 by Ysmith83Hi all! I finally received my letter today! I applied for the traditional program and I live in the Denver metro area. I am super excited to start this new journey with you all!
- Nov 27, '12 by PaytonJaneHey guys! After days of anxiety I finally received my letter today! I was accepted!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!
- Nov 28, '12 by bird8Found out today I was accepted to Villanova's BSNExpress program - now to the task of choosing: CU traditional, or TJU or Villanova's accelerated! Happy
- Nov 28, '12 by PaytonJaneCongrats Bird!
- Nov 28, '12 by bird8Thank you @PaytonJane - and congrats on your acceptance as well!
- Nov 30, '12 by Colorado HopefulSo I got the letter yesterday that I was rejected. I still can't believe it. During the last accelerated cycle I was call listed (alternate) and they were only accepting for 36 spots and interviewed 100. This time they interviewed 300 and were accepting for 186 spots. I also thought my interview went better this time because I felt better prepared for the types of questions they would ask.
My overall GPA is 3.9 and I have a 4.0 in my prerequisites. The only thing that I can think of is that my interview did not go as well as I thought it did. At least I had already signed up for Pathophysiology as a backup plan for spring, so I can apply to at least 3 schools (CU, Publeo, and Metro State) next fall. Still, it is rather discouraging. Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm! And with 3 schools I should be able to be accepted somewhere.
- Nov 30, '12 by Colorado HopefulOh, and though I do not have a job in healthcare, I have been volunteering at a local emergency department since this February and have over 130 hours of volunteer time. I tried to relate my experiences with patients in the interview. I'm not quite sure where my application went wrong.
- Dec 1, '12 by PaytonJaneI'm so sorry for your disappointment. That is really baffling with your credentials. My guess is that they assigned numerical scores to our GPAs, essays, and interviews, and then ranked us. I hope you keep trying. (hugs)