Anyone hear the waitlist is changing? Again?Register Today!
- by CBsMommy Dec 9, '08I e-mailed the person at my community college to see where the waitlist is as I've been hearing it's 6-12 months, 1 - 1 1/2 years and then she told me that it is 1 1/2 to 2 years. Then she stated that the requirements to remain on the waitlist may be changing. Has anyone else heard anything? Also, is anyone really managing these lists because it sure doesn't seem like it!!! I can't believe every time I call I get a different answer depending on who answers the phone!!!
- Dec 9, '08 by ColoradogrlI have always heard that for CC's along the I-25 croudior(Denver Metro) have atleast a 2 yr waitlist some schools being longer. I would love to hear its only 6 months thou!
- Dec 10, '08 by CBsMommyI'm in Southern Colorado.
- Dec 14, '08 by Penny8611All I know for certain is in regards to ACC...I don't even know if it applies to all the Front Range CCs or not.
Very frustrating, I know!
The ACC info:
- May 22, '09 by SE_BSN_RNAims is getting rid of their waiting list. I have been on it since 2006 and I am mulling over going to Univ of Phoenix. I should change my screen name, I have been an LPN for almost 4 years.
- May 24, '09 by ~Mi Vida Loca~RNI go to Front Range Community College Larimer Campus.
When I got on the list in March 2006 the wait was 3-4 years, I JUST NOW got acceptance in Feb. to start this fall, so that is 3.5 years I waited.
But since Jan. anybody that has been getting on the WL when they get their number they are getting an email stating that this can change. We were told in the Info Session that the college is planning to go more competitive as are a lot of CC in CO. They didn't say exactly how, but I imagine it is going more off of a point system and GPA since that seems to be the norm across the country. Our school doesn't expect this to take effect fully until Fall 2011. They have already implemented a separate WL for those that already have a previous Bachelors Degree.