Saint Agnes Medical Center Fresno California says "GO AWAY CNA"
- 0Apr 22, '08 by SherwoodNurses and non nursing staff feel the pain as an ongoing organizing effort by the California Nurses Association drives a stake in the morale of the medical center.
Daily harassment by union organizers as well as uninvited and unwelcome visits to nurses homes have forced nurses to take to the internet to publicize that their guests are not welcomed, creating a website http://ourvoiceourchoice.org/ in an attempt to drown out the drone of the CNA/NNOC claim of being the "voice for nurses".
Good luck to the nurses of St Agnes Medical Center Fresno as the try to prevent unionization by the California Nurses Association.
Sherwood Cox, RN, CCRN :typingLast edit by Sherwood on Apr 22, '08 : Reason: sleep typing
- 7,374 Visits
- 0May 16, '08 by SherwoodSt Agnes Medical Center RN's opposed to unionization by the California Nurses Association staged a rally at the hospital to educate the staff on important issues. A key issue was the California Nurses Associations Pro Abortion stance. Many nurses at the clearly Catholic institution were not aware if this issue and appreciated the information and documentation provided at the rally. A Catholic Priests speech at the rally urging the nurses to take this issue into cosideration brought quite a few of the staff to tears. I personally attended the rally and spent time with the grassroots RN's. I must say that these nurses are truly a professional and caring group.
The vote is scheduled for May 21st and 22nd 2008 and emotions are cleary running high.
- 4May 16, '08 by HM2VikingRNDon't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.....
Taking a political stance based on the votes of the members does not bind the conscience of the individuals. Those individuals who oppose abortion rights are free to work for change within the political process both within their union and through direct contact with their legislators. Of course protection for children should not stop at birth. Unions and their members also work to advance the interests of children and families through work for good schools, affordable health care, safe food and drink etc.
Strangely enough those who oppose the labor movement have often received direct benefit from the legal protections won through political advocacy. For example, ADA, FMLA, sick leave, the right to vacations, time and a half for OT etc. The labor movement has worked for these changes to benefit all workers not just their members. Claiming that union members are not compassionate and sensitive to the needs of others is just not borne out by the evidence.
America benefits from a strong labor movement!
- 0May 23, '08 by SherwoodMay 22nd 2008 - St Agnes Nurses Vote 452 to 327 AGAINST the California Nurses Association!!! May 22nd 2008
Nurses in California are bombarded by California Nurses Association rhetoric on a near daily basis. We live here and we know what the truth really is. If you do your homework like the nurses of St Agnes clearly have done, the decision against unionizing will be clear and easy.
St Agnes Medical Center Fresno, California Votes AGAINST California Nurses Association Representation.
- 1Mar 10, '09 by RNJanetSherwood,
Saint Agnes remains union-free. On March 9, 2009, CNA withdrew its petition for a rerun election. Not much of a track record in recent months.
In Fresno alone, nurses booted CNA at Community. Now the union walks away from Saint Agnes. Makes you wonder how much longer Central Valley organizer Don N. is going to have a job.
Up and down CA, CNA has had a terrible time:
*Terminated by the nurses at Scripps
*Walked away from losing an election at Inland Valley
CA RNs are fed-up with the union, its antics and taking CA nurses money to organize nurses around the country.
If only nurses in Arizona, Nevada and Texas knew that this union doesn't live up to its promises.
- 2Mar 10, '09 by laborerThis is the other side of the story...... :typing http://www.calnurses.org/media-cente...e-march-4.html
- 1Mar 10, '09 by Nancy2Well that's just like CNA to misrepresent the truth! yes, they probably did get cards signed prior to the election. Maybe even 60%. But, when the nurses were educated by their PEERS about what the union really spends dues money on and their Anti Catholic agenda, THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS!! Which was apparrent by the VOTE!!! EFCA is the biggest assault on America ever! The secret ballot is a main stay of American culture and should be preserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 3Mar 10, '09 by herring_RN GuideQuote from Nancy2Well that's just like CNA to misrepresent the truth! yes, they probably did get cards signed prior to the election. Maybe even 60%. But, when the nurses were educated by their PEERS about what the union really spends dues money on and their Anti Catholic agenda, THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS!! Which was apparrent by the VOTE!!! EFCA is the biggest assault on America ever! The secret ballot is a main stay of American culture and should be preserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Pope says labor unions important in resolving financial crisis
The National Labor Relations Act states: “Employees shall have the right to self-organization, to form, join, or assist labor organizations….” It was designed to protect employee choice on whether to form unions, but it has been turned upside down.
The current system is not like any democratic election held anywhere else in our society.
Employers have turned the NLRB election process into management-controlled balloting—the employer has all the power, controls the information workers can receive and routinely poisons the process by intimidating, harassing, coercing and firing people who try to organize unions.
On top of that, the law’s penalties are so insignificant that many companies treat them as just another cost of doing business.
By the time employees vote in an NLRB election, if they can get to that point, a free and fair choice isn’t an option. ...
http://www.catholicsforworkingfamilies.org/efcaLast edit by herring_RN on Mar 10, '09