Quote from eglide87
Would you like to see my pay stub?? Additionally, you should stick to what you know....there are very few, less than 10 hospitals that are unionized. You have such great information. Where did I say anything about unemployment? After many years in this business, I know of no one who works strike hospitals. So in conclusion, YOU should think before posting your poor information. Care to pm me, I'll show you how much a PNP makes here
1. 10 hospitals unionized would have a significant impact on surrounding hospitals who want to keep their skilled staff and also are afraid of the unions knocking on their door and being invited in.
2. You said and attributed to all nurses in the south that you knew how to pick places with low costs of living and high availability of jobs. Being from the south myself I knew that a) anywhere with a high number of jobs in the south does NOT have a low cost of living and b) that the south has much higher unemployment rates than much of the country. And I proved it - unlike you.
3. You knowing someone who works for a unionized hospital or not has nothing to do with the price of tea in London, obviously. In scientific circles that's known as "anecodotal" and is rightfully considered worthless.
4. Actually I provided citation information indisputably demonstrating that at least 2 of your 3 claims were false. That doesn't leave much confidence in the third, for me at least.
5. Of course I don't want to see your paystub. First, I would have no way of verifying its yours. Second, you're entitled to your privacy and finally, in what way in the name of abandoned logic would that do to prove your claim without also seeing the paystub of the Pediatricians in your area? Of course it wouldn't.
If you're well-compensated then I'm sincerely happy for you. I believe NP's should be well-compensated. You are entitled to believe whatever gets you through the night and those beliefs may in fact be best for you.
But things get stickier when you are insulting others - particularly when they were correct and your claims were either flat out wrong or unsubstantiable.