Working with residents who have C.diff.Register Today!
- by uniquepeters Apr 15Today I have worked with two people who have C.diff, and I have been wearing the protective gear, but still feel disgusted and scared I will somehow get it. Have any of you gotten C. diff from your facility or from a resident before?
- Apr 15 by Kimcan38We just recently had a resident with c diff as well. We were taking care of her for several days like we normally do until we found out. They then placed her in isolation and we had to wear the whole gear to clean her and feed her and we all seem to be fine. My heart hurts for her to be away from everyone. I did read that cdiff may not show up for months and u may not have any symptoms for awhile, but so far we are all ok! She is now out of isolation and is doing wonderful except her eating has gone downhill
- Apr 16 by MommaTyI worked with many c-diff patients since being a CNA since 2004 and I have not gotten c-diff. If you follow safety precautions you will be fine I even had one patient that an aid was helping me with, well my aid kind of flew some c-diff on me by accident while cleaning her side of the patient and I was still okay. Yes it stinks and stuff, but you should be just fine. Good luck.
- Apr 17 by havehopeI haven't gotten c-diff either. Just remember…HAND HYGIENE! Do not use hand sanitizer, it doesn't work for c-diff.
- Apr 18 by fuzzywuzzyHealthy young people hardly ever get C-diff. You mainly need to take care not to pass it to the other residents.
- Apr 18 by Sun0408Quote from marycarneySame here. We also clean them up without PPE's before the cultures came back positive and still no one that I know or heard of has gotten it..Taken care of scores of c-diff patients over the years. Not only have I never gotten it, I don't know another health care provider who has either.
No worries OP, wash your hands after cleaning all pts, you never know when they may have something. Although c-diff does have the same "smell", I have had pts test positive that didn't smell like c-diff
- Apr 18 by pmabrahamGood day:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...le_spreads.png makes one wonder how well facilities do at testing so workers know how to protect themselves, and other patients.