work as CNA while going to school full time?Register Today!
- by fbrlauren Apr 28I'm a full time student working on my pre-requisites to transfer into a BSN program. In the mean time, I think I might also want to get my CNA certificate, which I plan on getting in the summer. Is working as a CNA while going to school full-time do-able?
- Apr 28 by TheCommuterQuote from fbrlaurenYes, working as a CNA while attending school full-time is feasible. Plenty of people have done it out of financial necessity.Is working as a CNA while going to school full-time do-able?
Some individuals will advise students to avoid working during nursing school because your grades might suffer, but I have known too many people who maintained their grades and test scores while managing full time employment. Personally, I worked as an LVN full-time while completing an RN bridge program and things worked out well for me.
- Apr 28 by MommaTyYes, it is possible with pre-reqs. But in an actual nursing program, I hear it's almost impossible to study that way.
- Apr 28 by fbrlaurenHow many hours does a part-time CNA typically work?
- Apr 28 by t2091I currently work full time as CNA while finishing my pre-reqs for PA school and I'm in the process of applying at the moment. Stressful at time no doubt, but really have no choice and the experience is something I didn't want to pass up.
- Apr 29 by SuperMeghan91When I worked full time as a CNA I didn't have a chance to study. I've since cut it down to part time at the hospital and it's made studying much easier. You can definitely work full time and do pre-req's full time. Working full time as a CNA and being in nursing courses is another beast entirely. I've seen people do it, but I don't recommend it.