Should I take a Phlebotomy course after CNA? - page 2
by laylayluv90 | 7,779 Views | 32 Comments
At the end of the month I will be taking my CNA test. I was wondering should i take a phlebotomy course after that? I'm slowly making my way towards being a RN but I have a long way to go. So I was wondering if I should do this... Read More
- 0Quote from pnkgirl25Have u applied to hospitals? No ones has called you? I just dnt want it to be a waste of time.I did this. Completed my CNA at the same time I was doing my phlebotomy. I thought It would help me get a job since in CA they hire PCT which are basically CNAs who are phlebotomy trained.... yeah... I'm still looking for a job and it's been five months lol. I did hear that it will make my lvn training a tiny bit easier... who knows.
- 0Quote from KAR813Thanks a lotI say go for it with your future goals. I took one as an elective this past semester and it was awesome and even talking to the professor at the end of my practical she said that I could be a valuable resource to my classmates when we get to those skills.
- 0Quote from Sun0408I already completed my CNA class I take the test in a few weeks. The phlebotomy class is like 600. I was gonna take it while I take my prerequisites for RN.How much is the course?? What is the pay difference between the two?? If more money is likely I would go for it, if not I would complete my CNA and work towards my goal. Sign up for classes to start the process of becoming an RN while working as a CNA. No need in going into more debt if in the end its really not gonna help much.
- 0Quote from ariana_oxI dnt want to be a phlebotomist I would like to be a PCA while in school but I heard u have to learn how to draw blood first.I would just do the CNA and work as one for a while but if you think you want to be a phlebotomist while going to school then go for it, my phlebotomy class is $950. And I can't afford that lol but if you have the money and it is something your really want to do, then do it
- 0Jan 9, '13 by pnkgirl25Quote from laylayluv90I have applied to 56 hospitals in los Angeles from San Diego to the valley. I had one interview for a hospital in Pasadena but they were looking for a per diem CNA Monday- Friday 9-5. I'm in school Monday- Friday 7-3...other then that, nothing
Have u applied to hospitals? No ones has called you? I just dnt want it to be a waste of time.
- 0Quote from pnkgirl25Omgee that is crazy! Did u apply to anything else so u gain experience
I have applied to 56 hospitals in los Angeles from San Diego to the valley. I had one interview for a hospital in Pasadena but they were looking for a per diem CNA Monday- Friday 9-5. I'm in school Monday- Friday 7-3...other then that, nothing
- 0Quote from KdreneeI didn't know San jac classes was around that price. I think I might just apply for CNA job then if they teach me then ok. Was it hard finding a CNA job in Houston?and also, 600 is a lot for a phlebotomist class. At san jacinto college in Pasadena its 375 or something along those lines. You really dont need phlebotomy to be a PCA.