Pt's/visitors reading Fifty Shades of Grey??? - Page 6Register Today!
- Aug 24, '12 by adoRNo2b2015Not really sure why this is even considered a topic for conversation.
- Aug 24, '12 by Pepper The CatGeeze, I've read romance novels that are probably just as graphic as stuff published in Penthouse (yeah Johanna Lindsay). People don't blink an eye if someone is reading a "romance novel" such as Johanna Lindsay, or a Harliquin Romance, but get all bent out of shape if its Shade of Grey or Penthouse.
Just because someone is in hospital doesn't mean their sexual needs shut down! A little distraction might actually be a good thing sometimes.
- Aug 24, '12 by thenameismacIt's people like the OP that made me feel embarassed when reading 50 shades. Therefore it took me over a month to read the triology. I had to read it in my car on lunch breaks or skip the gym to read at home or get to work early so I can sit in my car for about an hour reading. As the story (or lack thereof) goes on I realized there was nothing to be embarrassed about. It's just another poorly written book that gets a lot of attention because it's different than what we are used to seeing. I am a tech and I've seen several patients reading them and you know what I tell them: "Oh I've read that. Don't worry. There's a bit of a plot in there somewhere." You can see them relax (a 50 shades reference. Who remembers the billions of times we "saw" Christian relax? Lol). Point is, don't make your patients feel embarrassed to read something of their chosing. Their room is their home for a short while. It's your job to make them comfortable not the opposite.
Pick up the book. You'll be surprised. I only continued it because I can't leave a series unfinished but it was awfully written. *shudders*
- Aug 25, '12 by tothepointeLVNI can probably guarantee you on sites such as fanfiction dot net that for every tv or movie that ever exists that there is some kind of erotica written about it. Everything is sexy nowadays
- Aug 25, '12 by Nurse2bKimberlyQuote from tothepointeLVNWow I used to loooooove that site when I was on middle school! It used to have popstar fanfiction, but they removed it I was soo bummed out when that happened lol.I can probably guarantee you on sites such as fanfiction dot net that for every tv or movie that ever exists that there is some kind of erotica written about it. Everything is sexy nowadays
- Aug 25, '12 by futureADNRight now I have 50 Shades of Grey downloaded on my phone and I am reading it. Yep. Not gonna lie. I'm addicted.
- Aug 26, '12 by Sun0408Where did the OP go
- Aug 26, '12 by alovelymotherQuote from Sun0408Maybe off reading Fifty Shades?Where did the OP go
- Sep 16, '12 by caroladybelleQuote from tothepointeLVNLet's see here:"Forever" by Judy BlumeI seem to remember I was reading Jackie Collins in middle school and my mother was hesitant to document on my reading list that I had indeed read "Lovers and Gamblers"
The Kent family chronicles, including "The Bastard" - I learned a lot about history and sex.....and I really do remember the history parts.
"Skye O'Malley" (though was older and really enjoyed the fashion details)