Pt's/visitors reading Fifty Shades of Grey??? - Page 4Register Today!
- This is why the kindle is so wonderful you can read all the trash you like and no one ever knows.
- Aug 23, '12 by RNsRWeQuote from NurseCardAnd I say that if someone actually charts that it's "inappropriate behavior" for a resident to be reading a steamy novel, that nurse needs to REALLY get a life.LOL, just the other day one of my coworkers walked up to me and, COMPLETELY
serious, she said "Um... you just need to know that so-and-so is now reading "50
Shades of Grey" and so we are to chart any inappropriate behavior" (I work in LTC)
Would it take the resident reading Little Women for it to be considered appropriate behavior? Talk about judgmental!
- Aug 23, '12 by RNsRWeQuote from tothepointeLVNAnd, apparently, it's important to make sure the staff during a patient's hospital stay, or the staff while someone is a RESIDENT in LTC need to be shielded from the fact that this is a free country and the STAFF has zero input over anyone else's choice of book.This is why the kindle is so wonderful you can read all the trash you like and no one ever knows.
I can't believe this is an issue for some people. You'd think it was an erotic script and the patient was asking the staffer to play a part! Jeez....
- Aug 23, '12 by Sun0408hahaha, what a silly thing to get all upset over...
- Aug 23, '12 by blurredyearningQuote from tothepointeLVNThis is totally one of the main reasons why I LOVE my Kindle! I have a system where I read a 'classic' book (or some other mentally stimulating book) then I'll read a trashy book. I don't want to be judged by my book cover just because I'm on my trashy book cycle!This is why the kindle is so wonderful you can read all the trash you like and no one ever knows.
- All I can say is read it first THEN you can judge.
- Yes it's a trashy book disguisher. No one needs to know I'm reading a pretween book about going to pony club or something.
- Aug 23, '12 by StephalumpQuote from tothepointeLVNIn March I went on a cruise. As we were leaving port I remembered I had zero new content on my Kindle and quickly went to Amazon and downloaded this trilogy I'd never heard of but were rated as the top selling books.All I can say is read it first THEN you can judge.
My trip was MUCH more interesting than I expect, due to some steamy Shades of Grey. I have seriously never read a romance novel in my life, and here I was, unable to put it down...I read all three of them in about 5 days.
A fantastic piece of literary prowess? No. Entertaining as hell? Yes, they were.
And I loved The Saddle Club.
- Then you'll love the "A Circuit" its like Gossip Girls crossed with the Saddle Club
- Aug 23, '12 by Cold StethoscopeQuote from RNsRWeA large part of the country is obsessed with sex, and controlling sex to control people. Abortion obsession? Birth control obsession? Marriage gender obsession? It's all part of of a syndrome that afflicts this country.I can't believe this is an issue for some people. You'd think it was an erotic script and the patient was asking the staffer to play a part! Jeez....
What you read or think about will damage my marriage or something, so you'd better stay on the straight and narrow. 50 Shades of Gray is sinful. Sinful, I tell you.