Psychiatry Unit for CNAsRegister Today!
- by AshBrock1091 Apr 25I was thinking about applying to a job in the psychiatry unit at my local hospital. Some people believe that this isn't a good idea... I have no experience in a hospital besides the clinicals I completed last month to obtain my CNA. Any insight? Thanks
- Apr 25 by mvm2Well hey we all have to start somewhere and learn and grow in our jobs. Wheather we are CNAs or Nurses we all have our first job that will give us knowledge and growth. If you are strong and you think you can handle it I say go for it. If in a few months or so you feel it is not for you, then you can try some new avenue. I wouldn't let the chance pass me by and then wish later that you had tried for the position. CNA jobs in hospitals are sometimes hard to come by and are coveted by certain people for CNAs
- Apr 26 by 1feistymamaI'm with MVM....if you have an opportunity....try it. You can always change later if it doesn't work out. And who knows, you may discoverer psych to be your dream job.
- Apr 26 by AshBrock1091Thanks for your input guys! I appreciate it... I think I'm going to go for it and apply!
- Apr 27 by blwilliams10I would say try it, to be the best CNA and/or a nurse you want to have experience with every group of people.