Per Diem?Register Today!
- by stewartfamily2010 May 15Pardon my ignorance here but can anyone tell me what this means? I've never worked in the medical field (been a desk job office girl my whole working life) but I'm taking my CNA test Saturday and want to start looking for a job (fingers crossed I pass!) Can any of you with experience help me out with the lingo? Per Diem, Relief, Etc.
Thanks a million!
- May 15 by SelfReviewingYou are going to be paid per hour/day you work which literally translates to no work, no pay.
- May 15 by stewartfamily2010Thank you!
- May 15 by mvm2From my understanding it is a position where they call you if they need a shift that needs filling because one of the full or part time people had to cancel, or maybe some units like ICU will all the sudden have more patients then thy can handle and they will call one of their per diem nurses to come in.
- May 16 by MewsinWe call it casual position. Except I'm not sure if it differs but where I am, as a casual, I get scheduled for full time hours to replace the positioned staff when they have asked for time off.
- May 16 by stewartfamily2010Thanks for all the input
- May 19 by MommaTyAs needed. Where I work to stay per diem you have to work 1 day a month.