I passed my Georgia CNA certification test!Register Today!
This is a discussion on I passed my Georgia CNA certification test! in CNA/MA - Nursing / Medical Assistant, part of Nursing Student ... Out of all my 10 classmates, I was the very last to test. My skills were: Handwashing (everyone...by sakiohma Aug 9, '12Out of all my 10 classmates, I was the very last to test. My skills were:
Handwashing (everyone gets this)
Weight (Thank God it wasn't BP!)
ROM on shoulder
Ambulate from bed to wheelchair
Before we started, our teacher said a prayer for us and, oddly, I was very relaxed. I finished all 5 of my skills in 15 minutes and the only thing I forgot to do (a very important thing) was make sure the bed was locked before waljing my patient to the scale. My partner finished in 16 minutes and the only thing she forgot to do was hand me the call light after doing respirations. Her skills were:
In other words, we both had super easy skills! We were the last to perform because our last names start with V and W and it went in alphabetical order.
The best news is that EVERYONE passed!!
We did our CNA program through Job Corps. It took me 5 months to finish the program and I studied my ass off so I had better have passed. Now I'm going to college through Job Corps and they'll pay my books, part of my tuition, AND they're going to pay to get my teeth fixed I know everyone talks bad about Job Corps, but it truly is a great program.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=769397©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,251 Views
- Aug 11, '12 by FutureC.N.AThat's awesome! Congrats! I completed my CNA program on 7/31 and sent in my application for the exam last Monday so I am still waiting to hear what day they schedule my exam. Anyways, did you wear scrubs to the exam? Because I was just wondering if I should wear mine or not.
- Aug 12, '12 by sakiohmaYes! Dress as if you are at your actual job as a CNA. Well, I'm actually not sure if it's a requirement, but everyone in my class did. I even wore my name tag and cut my nails for the exam. And congrats on finishing the class portion! I'm sure you'll do great on the exam
- Sep 2, '12 by hamner76I just passed also!!!!!! Finally got it under my belt!
Assist to feed a client.
Rom arm and shoulder
Yippeee! Now I just need a job!
- Sep 3, '12 by mls4455What is job corps? Oh and congratulations! That's awesome!
- Sep 6, '12 by ASPIRING2BGREATCongrats!
Nice to hear nice words about job corp. I went when I was much younger but didn't apply it and do my best. Keep up the good work and best of luck.
I'm still in the process of submitting my deposition and chacter letters for a misdem. I have on my record. Once I submit that I will then hopefully get my app day. Very fearful of taking the test, because my school didn't prepare us well. So now I have to study and practice on my own. Or pay for the class all over in which I don't prefer to do.
Best of luck to all!
- Sep 7, '12 by JDsGirlDid you have any moments of worry that you would forget something during the exam, lol?! Congratulations on passing!