How long did it take to get your CNA license after mailing the application?Register Today!
- by nursetabitha May 1, '12I mailed in my application 2 1/2 weeks ago and my status still says pending. I have a job but can't start it until my license status says active on their website. I am in Washington state. How long did it take yours to become active once you mailed in the application?
- May 1, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014I'm in NC. The testing site gave me a print-out that said "congratulations! you passed!" and I was listed on the registry in 48 hours. Sorry you're having to wait!
- May 1, '12 by nursetabithaYeah, we had to first pass the exams (which I did, first try) and then mail in the application to state. Most of my classmates have already gotten jobs but that's because they are in nursing homes and they don't mind waiting for new grads to get their licenses, as long as they've passed the tests. I am working in a rehab facility and they won't let me sign a job agreement until my license is active on the state registry.
- May 2, '12 by nursetabithaThanks Skayda! That's good news actually, means I should only have to wait another 1 1/2 weeks. Crossing my fingers...
- Jan 31 by nursemanhoustonwhat testing site did you go to? pearson company ? I want a fast result like yours. I am in Houston.
- Jan 31 by RunnerRN2b2014As far as I know, all testing sites in NC get immediate results -- you know before you leave that day whether or not you passed.
- Feb 5 by pandaxajI have the same situation as you. It's been weeks since I mailed them and can't start working until i receive my certification. Sigh. I hope they mail it soon. If i get a job within 6months after finishing my school I can get a 100% refund. I'm nearing my six months. >.<
Ediit: it was one yearLast edit by pandaxaj on Feb 5
- Feb 5 by i_love_patient_careI got mind in June and it came in August. The Red Cross gave me paperwork stating I had passed both portions, and for most employers that was sufficient during the hiring process.