Help with Curriculum for CNA Program in NJ
- 0Jul 19, '13 by nursecindylangeDoes anyone have any experience with writing a curriculum for a CNA program that is approved by the State of NJ? Starting a program in Cumberland County and would like input, tips, advice, suggestions or help with it. Thank you for your time!
- 0Jul 20, '13 by boogalinaWhen I took my CNA course, the text used was Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants. This is a widely used text...my son is taking a CNA course now and using the latest edition of the same text. Perhaps you can check with the publisher of that resource to see if they can help you?
In addition, my son did his lecture via an online provider through the voc school he's attending for his CNA. Let me know if you want to find out more about that resource and I can get the information from him.
- 0Jul 20, '13 by SexyFloridaGirlI also recommend Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants. My CNA course used that as well as a mixture of videos that show you how to do each possible patient care procedure the way it will be structured at the test site. These are very common and could also be looked up on YouTube. Just make sure when you are going to get these books/materials that they are the latest edition and contact your state's Department of Health and BON to review any new statutes/additional information important to your exam preparation. With the procedures - practice makes perfect. The written portion should be easy if you prepare & study. Good luck!
- 0Sep 3, '13 by nursecindylange**Perhaps you can check with the publisher of that resource to see if they can help you?**
Thank you for your reply! That is a good suggestion, that I did pass along to my supervisor. We finally found someone to write the curriculum, so we'll hope it's a done deal in the next month. Thanks again!
- 0Sep 3, '13 by nursecindylange**The written portion should be easy if you prepare & study**
I'm not taking any tests, I was looking for someone to help write the state-approved curriculum for a CNA class in New Jersey. If you have any info about that, please let me know. I think we have someone now, but you never know...