Does the FL board of nursing require NCLEX hopefuls to be drug tested upon applying?Register Today!
- by cnadreamer May 4, '12I want to take the NCLEX after my CNA course, but i need to know if i will have to pass a drug test to be eligable to take the test. Please let me know. Thanks.Last edit by cnadreamer on May 4, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=706102©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,180 Views
- May 4, '12 by patty89I dont even know what to say...are you worried about the test coming out positive?? If you are on drugs you are in the wrong line of work.
- May 4, '12 by elkparkRegardless of whether the BON requires it for NCLEX eligibility (and I can't speak for FL, but I've never heard of that in any of the states in which I've practiced over the years), every healthcare employer you encounter will require it. So, if that's going to be a problem for you, you may want to rethink your career goals.
- May 4, '12 by VioletKaliLPNI think you may be mistaken, you take the CNA certification state test after your CNA classes, not the NCLEX. The NCLEX is taken by Nursing school graduates, LPN's and RN's, which allows for licensing as a Nurse.
In any event, every job requires a drug test, so if that will be a problem then you should carefully consider whether or not health care is the correct field for your situation. People's lives and well being are in your hands as a Nurse, there is no time or place for drug use.
- May 6, '12 by BrannrayI'm not sure about the NCLEX, but I do know for a fact that anywhere you apply for a job, before you are able to work a drug test is mandatory. If you aren't able to pass, then I suggest that you find a new field. If it's something you are prescribed however, then you just have to be able to prove it. In nursing, you have peoples lives in your hands, and you have to be capable to take care of them in the right state of mind.