CNA license expires soon. - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 9 by npham82I would start applying to hospitals and nursing homes. I was hired by the hospital within 3-4 weeks after I applied with no experience besides clinicals from CNA. The two states (Iowa & Illinois) that I have my CNA only require me to work 8hrs within the 2 years. I don't think you will have problems finding a job. Also, you will feel weird due to the environment (new job and all) so don't feel shy to ask for extra training because each facility does things differently.
- Feb 9 by i_love_patient_careI don't know how much you do or don't have to work to keep your CNA because I started working almost immediately after I got mine. I do know that for my state (CA), units for certain subjects like Nutrition, or A&P count towards hours, and I think just one class put me over because so many units count for a ton of hours.
- Feb 10 by kittycocoI live in cali and took Nursing Readiness within the 2 years I had my license. How can I check if this is one of the approved classes to renew my license? The website doesn't have a list.
- Feb 10 by i_love_patient_careI would call them. The only place I found a list of classes that work as CEUs was in the paperwork they sent me to renew. They're pretty good about answering the phone.
- Feb 10 by EduardoLugoQuote from i_love_patient_careHmm, I took Nutrition and A&P 1-2. Wonder if they count towards hours? I gotta check. I live in MAI don't know how much you do or don't have to work to keep your CNA because I started working almost immediately after I got mine. I do know that for my state (CA), units for certain subjects like Nutrition, or A&P count towards hours, and I think just one class put me over because so many units count for a ton of hours.
- Feb 12 by kittycocoNutrition and a&p are acceptable. I found a section of classes listed on the renewal form from the cdph site. I'm not sure if its the same on your state. And I still don't know how to convert the units into hours. I tried calling all the listed phone numbers for cna related questions but its either busy or its automated and doesn't go through. Aaah freakkin out cuz of my deadline to the nursing program.
- For the person from CA, hope this helps http://www.cdph.ca.gov/pubsforms/for...s/cdph283c.pdf
Check section D
- Ok just realized that is the form you were talking about. Could try emailing them.
- Feb 12 by kittycocoOn section E it says 1sem unit = 15 hours. I wonder if that applies to classes listed on section D. Cuz I also took cultural anthropology, 2 chemistry classes, communication and pre-calc within my certification period. That's a lot of hours, more than I need. It seems too good to be true. Haha.
- Well just list them. I had nutrition and medical terminology. And those were accepted . But I also worked the whole time up until that point in SNFs or hospitals. Good luck