CNA hourly pay rate? - Page 14Register Today!
- Mar 18, '11 by parumphJust starting my career and here is my results.
First job at a Rehab Hospital w/LTC (they operate two separate facilities under one roof with both a LTC and Specialty Hospital licenses) on the outskirts of the metro area was $9.37/hr for PT weekdays.
2nd job offer is likely going to be $11/hour for PT weekend days and weekdays PRN at $10/hr.
And a spot on Family Med floor at a learning hospital I'm interviewing for has a base pay of $10.45/hour FT.
All of them have shift diffs. Not sure what they all are exactly yet.
- Mar 19, '11 by yousoldtheworldQuote from StarlettaSee, that's what it comes down to, really. If you'd rather work at Walmart for the pay, then you probably should. If you hate being an aide and have other options for similar pay, there's no point in making yourself miserable.There has to be a better way to care for the elderly and disabled. I did my second/third(?) Clinical tonight - Very hands on - Showering, changing briefs, feeding, etc.
Honestly? I - Hate - it. And can't even imagine just working as a CNA for a year to get my "feet wet."
For the same amount of money, I'd rather work at Walmart restocking shelves.
Those of us who stick around are not doing it for the money, that's for sure. I hate working retail, food service, with the public in general, with a burning passion. Yes, being an aide is much harder work, but I'd take it over any of those jobs in a heartbeat. And that's why I keep doing it, despite the fact that I can barely get by financially.
- Mar 21, '11 by Everlasting904I work at a Nursing Home in Jacksonville,Fl 1st time cna ..$9.25 an hr $10.75 on weekends!!
- Mar 24, '11 by c1928I just got hired PRN in Queens, NY for $10 an hour. First job.
- Mar 24, '11 by Boerne LouAll companies offer vary AND while you know there are differencess, being a new canidate - to ask the person interviewing you is ok/ To get it in writing is another. To be a CNA means you do have several options-take three jobs and then go on with the ones you like the most and pays the most. Medical is nice - also a business of pay a choice of working in a good progressive envoirment.
- Mar 29, '11 by Callie MartinezHere in Fl I am starting out with 10.25
- Mar 30, '11 by BanjoeerPortland Oregon hospital (Kaiser) $18.49 hour, includes shift differential and pro-pay for CNAII, with 2 years there....
- Mar 30, '11 by DeanaKayHi, does anyone know the starting CNA pay for NYC metro area, hospitals and nursing homes? Thank you.