CNA from NYC transfrer to another state

  1. 0

    I'm a CNA. I've been an active CNA for a little over a year now and have been thinking about moving to Texas or just somewhere other than NYC. I was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to have my New York State Certified Nursing Assistant certificate transferred to another state and how would I go about doing that if possible. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. Visit  Cammy84 profile page

    About Cammy84

    From 'NYC'; 30 Years Old; Joined Nov '11; Posts: 7.

    7 Comments so far...

  4. Visit  allisonnicole23 profile page
    It is absolutely possible! (:
    I'm in the process of transferring mine to CA from AZ. Just go to the state you want to transfer to Board website, and find the appropriate forms you need to fill out and send it. It might be easier to email someone from the board and they will link you to the necessary forms. Thats what I did.
    Good luck!
    Cammy84 likes this.
  5. Visit  Cammy84 profile page
    Thank you so much! Would you more or less know how long is the process?
  6. Visit  MommaTy profile page
    Look online for the Texas CNA registry and call them. They will most likely send you a packet in the mail. Do everything they say and mail it back. Thats what I had to do when I moved from MA to AZ. I also had to do a finger print at the police department to send back with the paper work. Good luck.
  7. Visit  Cammy84 profile page
    Thanks! How long did the process take for you?
  8. Visit  Cammy84 profile page
    Is it possible to be certified in two states?
  9. Visit  MommaTy profile page
    No not in 2 states. Only 1 at a time. The process was fairly fast 2 to 3 weeks.
    Cammy84 likes this.
  10. Visit  Cammy84 profile page
    Thank you!!!

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.