- 0Mar 29, '07 by Heidi WHi, my name is Heidi, I'm taking my certification exam tomarrow and I'm so nervous! I'm not worried about the written test, but even though I know the skills, I get nervous when someone's watching me. I've studied that little book more than I can remember, but I'm just so nervous! So wish me luck, because I really want to do well and become a CNA
- 897 Visits
- 0Mar 29, '07 by shopaholicbaby07How exciting! I just took my exam a few weeks ago and passed.:spin:
I was like you, not worried a bit about the written and scared to death of the skills. The written was a breeze. Common sense.
I worried myself crazy over the skills. But I studied that little book over and over and over and..... I passed.
I wish you the best of luck, and be sure to let us know how you do!!!
Ps. Where are you from?? I'm in NC.
- 0Mar 29, '07 by Ready2BRNI can totally relate to what you're going through. I just took my test this past Friday (and passed ). What I did the night before was to write out each step to each skill. It took me a few hours, but it kinda calmed me down and it was reassurance that I knew exactly how to do each skill. It gave me the utmost confidence. Don't be too stressed out.....you'll do great!!
- 0Mar 30, '07 by Heidi WThanks for the support! I just got finished with the test this morning. I think I did pretty well, the written was really easy, and the observer hinted that I did all my skills just fine...I got Blood Pressure which is the only one I was praying not to get! but she "hinted" that I was w/in range.
BTW-I'm from southwest MO, but my husband is in the army so we are in Clarksville, TN right now (can't wait to move back home with our families)
OH I wish I could get my results right away!!!
- 0Mar 30, '07 by shopaholicbaby07Good for you! Now the waiting begins.
I had to wait for my results as well. We were supposed to get them within 10 minutes of each part, but the fax machine the examiner used wasn't working properly. So I had to wait for my results to come in the mail!!! :angryfire I had been there since 7:00am and she decides to let us know at 5:30pm that the fax machine hasn't been working properly. Then I had to drive 1.5 hours home in a blind rage. I hadn't ate all day b/c of waiting on these results. Our group sat there all day long. Oh, and I skipped classes to take it. I wasn't a happy camper until I got the results in the mail. Then I preached the whole "It was all worth it!" thing. LOL
I, like you, prayed for any other measurement than BP. And guess what I got? BP!!!!! LOL! Go figure.
It sounds like you did fine. Congrats.
- 0Apr 7, '07 by adeem22I just took my state test this a.m. I was SO nervous. I think I did just fine on the written part, but I have no clue about the skills portion. Of course, I got pericare as my last skill!! I don't think I committed any of the big no-no,s but like you guys I have to waitfor my results. Someone is supposed to call on Tuesday- ughhhh!! Meantime it's back to studying Chemistry. Is all of this really worth it?