PLEASE Help with Interview questionsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on PLEASE Help with Interview questions in Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... Hello, I need some help with an interview. I have a paper I am working on and need input from a...by tabymac Oct 10, '10Hello,
I need some help with an interview. I have a paper I am working on and need input from a CNS. The questions can be as long or as short as you can make them. And please answer as many as you can - if you can't answer them all I understand. Please e-mail me or PM back your responses.
THANKS A MILLION!!
1. Discuss how you utilize and value the knowledge of other disciplines to solve patient care problems. What team members are you most often engaged with, and what is the unique expertise of each?
2. Describe how you demonstrate appropriate teambuilding and collaborative strategies when working with interprofessional teams.
3. How do you see care applied within your particular nursing practice situation?
4. Describe the roles of different nurses (e.g., clinical nurse specialist, nurse executive, bedside nurse) in promoting safe and quality outcomes of care for diverse populations.
5. Describe how you apply quality improvement processes to implement patient safety initiatives and monitor outcomes. How are nurse-sensitive indicators monitored in your institution?
6. Describe how nurses facilitate patient-centered care in your institution and practice. How are patient-centered care and advocacy similar to and different from each other?
7. Describe a situation in your practice in which you could see that the principles of ethics, professional nursing standards, altruism, and human dignity affected your nursing practice or a specific outcome.
8. Describe a patient care initiative in your organization that improved outcomes and enhanced cost effectiveness in care delivery.
9. Describe how nursing research has improved or changed a particular aspect of patient care in your institution. How is the research project different from quality improvement activities?
10. Describe how information technology and patient data are used in your institution for ethical, effective clinical decision making and how patient confidentiality is protected.
11. Describe a particular situation in which you have been involved with the roles and responsibilities of a major healthcare regulatory agency that affected patient care quality, workplace safety, healthcare reimbursement, or the scope of nursing practice.
12. Compare nursing practice roles for the registered nurse, clinical nurse leader, advanced practice registered nurse, and clinical nurse specialist in your clinical setting. Describe specific differences in their duties, knowledge, and abilities.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=509458©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,673 Views