who else is in Chamberlain RN-BSN program currently - page 45
by sunzzi 132,534 Views | 479 Comments
I am starting online RN-BSN via Chamberlain College of Nursing from July. Just wondering if any nurses out there who will be starting the program or in the program> Any suggestion/idea is appreciated as it will be my first... Read More
- 1Oct 27, '11 by exnavygirl-RNWay to go! I liked the Econ class. It was hard but it opened my eyes to some things.
Quote from Her Own Catalyst RNI got an A in Econ! Don't know how I did it! If I could do it, so can you! I love Chamberlain!
..and so far, I'm really enjoying Intro to the Humanities as well!
- 3Oct 27, '11 by Her Own Catalyst RNQuote from JChubb97860I hear ya! I got a B- for the final, 212/260 = 81. For the entire course I got 912/1000, so I pulled the A by the skin of my teeth!Congratulations! I got an A- for both the exam and course, which means the professor was obviously blind with fatigue when he was reading my essays! Not complaining, though!
I wish I could say that I enjoyed Econ! I tried my best to learn and absorb the info, but I still feel like it was a bit of information-overload. I hate to say that even though it's only been a week I still don't remember much
- 1Dec 1, '11 by lindarn1Ok, well I'am currently in the application process and I am supposed to start Chamberlain in January 2012. I work full-time and part-time two evenings, I have 2 children and a very supportive husband, however, I keep reading about all these papers that need to be written and to be honest, I am not very good with writing papers, at ALL! Should I get out now before it's too late???
- 1Dec 1, '11 by JChubb97860Hi lindarn1,
I hope you don't pull out! It's not so bad. You can call on some like-minded classmates for help. A few people in my Informatics class last term had formed small e-mail groups to proofread each others' papers before turning them in. And if you truly need the extra time, it's been my experience so far that the professors are lenient when it comes to deadlines...as long as papers and assignments aren't too late. (The latest I've turned in an assignment was 4 days after the due date, and I had a good excuse with lots of proof.) I think Chamberlain professors are understanding, since they know we all squeeze these classes between work, family, and (as has been my case a few times these past 3 terms) inclement weather.Last edit by JChubb97860 on Dec 1, '11
- 1Dec 2, '11 by exnavygirl-RNI wasn't good at writing papers when I started. I am now! You'll do fine. The first course prepares you for paper writing. Good luck. You can do it!
Quote from lindarn1Ok, well I'am currently in the application process and I am supposed to start Chamberlain in January 2012. I work full-time and part-time two evenings, I have 2 children and a very supportive husband, however, I keep reading about all these papers that need to be written and to be honest, I am not very good with writing papers, at ALL! Should I get out now before it's too late???
- 1Dec 2, '11 by AgentRNR 351 (Transitions) teaches you all about how to write an APA format paper. Do yourself a favor and buy a program called PERLLA. It is an add on for Word that helps you automatically format your references in APA format. It also keeps your previous references in a database, so you can pull them into a new paper. It's handy because in many of the classes you write about the same subject for several papers.
Good luck, you'll do great!
- 0Dec 31, '11 by DrJillSo it looks like a few recent posts have been deleted due to the updated website. So.....I too will be starting NR-351 Transitions in January. I am a little nervous as I have not been in school a very very long time. I look forward to hearing from others that are or have taken this class.
On to the journey!
- 0Jan 12, '12 by Her Own Catalyst RNFor my next session I'm suppose to be taking Collaborative Health & Community Health .. Is this a bad pair? I've never taken two classes in one term, but am anxious to graduate (I also have a brand-spankin' new baby <3 in the mix, with working FT - 3 12's) If I take these two classes then I have to take Capstone and will be done in June, else I'll be done in August. I'm thinking maybe I'll just take one at a time... any opinions?