Chamberlain College of Nursing--Miramar Fl - page 5
by Babygurl2Shawty | 33,927 Views | 49 Comments
Hi, I'm currently a pre-nursing student at Florida International University aka FIU in Miami Fl. I'm looking for other nursing schools to apply to because I really don't feel that I'm going to get accepted into FIU. So I did some... Read More
- 0Apr 7, '13 by Yankeesgirl907I know the HESI at Chamberlain consists of math,reading,grammar,vocab, anatomy, chem and biology- however the admissions advisor said they really pay attention to the scores on math, reading and vocab. I know the overall is a 70 or 75 to pass but i am so scared the bio and chem will bring my score down and therefore the percentage will be lower...how were those two sections? anyone have an input ? thanks ! I have a 3.6 in Broward currently but i got an 81 on their hesi yesterday and they make me wait 6 months to retake it !!!! Now i can't start the program until may 2014 !!!! waste of a year so i want to get started already somewhere!
- 0Apr 7, '13 by msparisQuote from Yankeesgirl907The sections are different and have their own set of scores. The don't include the science section. So if you score low in the science it doesn't matter. It won't hurt you.I know the HESI at Chamberlain consists of math,reading,grammar,vocab, anatomy, chem and biology- however the admissions advisor said they really pay attention to the scores on math, reading and vocab. I know the overall is a 70 or 75 to pass but i am so scared the bio and chem will bring my score down and therefore the percentage will be lower...how were those two sections? anyone have an input ? thanks ! I have a 3.6 in Broward currently but i got an 81 on their hesi yesterday and they make me wait 6 months to retake it !!!! Now i can't start the program until may 2014 !!!! waste of a year so i want to get started already somewhere!
- 0Apr 9, '13 by Jewel5050I have a question. I am currently getting ready to take the HESI, hopefully sometime in June or July. I was told by my counselor that I have to submit my transcript, but im a little nervous because back in Keiser I took chemistry and didnt pass, so I tried taking it over but I psyched myself out of it and withdraw out of the class, but because I waited too long to drop it I was told by the dean that it will appear as failing on my transcript opposed to withdrawing which is sucks. My question is do you guys think that Chamberlain will hold that against me? also any advice on how to get ready for the HESI? I purchased the assessment book that they recommend, but the A&P and Biology section is kind of throwing me off a little bit, what do you guys reccommend. Im so nervous about this exam that I am considering hiring a tutor to help me get me well prepared I am just a nervous wreck, I just want this so bad
- 1Dec 26, '13 by lilltHello. I know your post is from 2012 but here is some more information......
I am a student currently enrolled in the BSN program at Chamberlain. There have been changes along the way that new prospective students should be aware of prior to enrolling.
I want to start off by saying this program is unorganized. Twice I was assigned to start a new clinical rotation at a hospital. Staff was not aware that students were scheduled to be there. They indicated a clinical coordinator never provided our paperwork.
Additionally, Chamberlain now requires that you spend $85 for fingerprints which was not disclosed at registration over a year ago.
Now Chamberlain requires you to use ebooks for $80/each every eight weeks. I prefer real text books. I do not want to read an ebook. This is required and they are making us pay this. This should be optional. Some semesters they require two to three extra books that may be duplicated or that you do not even need.
Every eight weeks you are required to take a medication calculation test to be able to move on to the next semester. I have known students who did not pass and there is nothing they can do about it. On the other hand, I have known students who did not pass but the teacher gave them preferential treatment so they could move forward. There is a lack of preparation for this difficult medication calculation test. When around half the class or more fails the first test you know there is a problem and it is not with the students.
Chamberlain said we could only wear all white sweaters on campus. All of us went to buy all white sweaters. A few months later they changed it to you have to wear all white lab coat.
We are told not to show up late to class or you will be locked out. There are certain students who are always late but it is okay for some and not for others.
If for some reason you need to drop or withdraw from one class and you are taking more than one class that session, in order for you to get a refund class you need to drop all classes you are taking that session. Otherwise, they will keep your money for the entire session. This happened to several of my classmates.
Please be aware and know what you are getting into before applying to this school. My comments are from several students and me because we want potential students to be aware.Last edit by lillt on Dec 26, '13
- 0May 7 by dsimon1Anybody attending Chamberlain at the Miramar Campus FL?? I am thinking about applying to the school, and I would really love to hear about your experiences, how is the program like? is it a good school? is it reputable?? I would really love to hear your feedback, I really need the help. thank you
- 1May 7 by RoSy_G_Hey there @dsimon1! I just started May 5th. The school is fully accredited and that was my main concern. They accepted most of my prior credits from Broward College. I started on Nurse's week and they have had all little festivities for the students which is nice. Every school has its drawbacks, I would say theirs is the tuition amount. So far all is well but it is only my day 3. I'm staying very positive. I really like my teachers and all of the students that have been there a while have been super helpful. Best of luck.
- 0May 8 by dsimon1thank you so much Rosy for replying. Your information is really helpful, and I wish you the best of luck, stay positive and you'll do great. I would really love to stay in contact with you so I could get to know how everything is going if that's okay with you. I am moving to Miami because of the school and that is why I would like to know more about the program and you can really help me out. I have some questions I'd like to ask you,if you could add me on facebook @ Danouche Simon i'd really appreciate it. thanks