Chamberlain College of Nursing in Atlanta, GA - Page 5Register Today!
- Apr 15, '12 by Nursenikki786Hey I found this post on another thread:
Feb 24, '11 by Steph120
Hi there! I work at Chamberlain and I can help answer your question about the Chicago campus accreditation.
The BSN program at Chamberlain College of Nursing was accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for a ten year term in October 2004. The CCNE accreditation includes all campuses at which the BSN program is offered.
The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) accredits each individual campus that offers the BSN program. According to NLNAC policies, an individual campus is not eligible for initial accreditation until the time of graduation of its first class.
If you have questions, you can contact the Chamberlain Chicago campus at 773-961-3000. Hope this helps!
- Apr 15, '12 by Nursenikki786And I also found:
What is the benefit of CCNE accreditation?
One of the biggest benefits of getting your degree though a CCNE accredited program is that you can be sure you're getting a quality education. Since the CCNE has strict guidelines it uses to evaluate programs, any program that has CCNE accreditation is one that is held to high standards. That means that when you graduate, you know you'll be prepared to be successful in a nursing career, and your employer can be sure that you can be relied on as a member of the medical team.
If you're considering applying for a collegiate nursing program, one of the first things you should ask is whether or not the program is CCNE accredited. By choosing programs with CCNE accreditation, you help yourself in the long run, look more attractive to employers, and will save yourself any headaches later on if you decide to further your education through a different CCNE accredited program.
Accreditation is put in place to help you: the student. So by choosing a program that has been accredited by the CCNE, you're just taking one more step to helping yourself on the road to your career in nursing.
- Apr 17, '12 by lala07I'm in also. My advisor called me on April 4th. I had my drug and background done on 4/12/2012. Still waiting on results. Not worried...because I am lpn...just recently did background check for gbon and I don't drink or do drugs so....I'm sure I'll pass. WOOT WOOT!!! Im in the April 30th class. Congrats on everyone else who got in...and good luck for everyone whose waiting. This has been 10years in the making for me. I'm excited!!!!
- Apr 17, '12 by tpowell1209@lala07 congrats on your acceptance!! What would you advice me to study for on the hesi? and how is it? Do they give you a overall score or they break it down by subject... Any advice will help thanks!
- Apr 17, '12 by lala07Thanks tpowell1209...My advisor told me to study it all...but focus primarily on the math, english, vocab/grammar sections. The test was heavy on english and math. (meaning it had more questions in those areas) It was not that hard to me...I stressed about it...but it was not bad at all.
They give you the overall score...but Chamberlain will only calculate the english and math sections and give you a score. So you will have two scores. (the overall and the english/math score which is what Chamberlain will use) My composite score was 88....but my advisor told me my score was 92. Don't ask me how they figure it all up....because I'm not sure. What session are you applying for?Sept?
- Apr 17, '12 by tpowell1209Thanks for the info... And yes I plan on starting sep 3rd, but I take the test in may.
- Apr 18, '12 by lala07Advisor called me this am......drug screen and back ground check is back. I'm OFFICIAL I have registration this saturday and orientation next Thursday. WOOT WOOT!!
- Apr 18, '12 by phrozenonewow....I'm impressed at how smooth the application process has gone for everyone! I can't wait to hear back from my advisor! Congrats again for everyone that has been accepted!!!!!
- Apr 19, '12 by stressedsobaddI was also accepted and I start Nur 101 April 30th. The process was so smooth. I had no problems at all. All of the employees are wonderful. I'm so glad they opened because no telling how long it would have taken me to get into a program! I love my advisor!
- Apr 19, '12 by stressedsobaddI register for my class Saturday as well! Woot Woot! Lol!!!! Did they call you to tell you that your criminal background and everything are back? I haven't heard from them since I went to preenrollment. I was just told the time to come Saturday.