Chamberlain College of Nursing in Atlanta, GA - Page 20Register Today!
- Jul 13, '12 by sharieka aliciaI'm at a clinic waiting to pee in the cup for my drug screen lol (sorry so graphic) I did my pre enrollment today and I definitely feel u Jsayers11 and beckyv...mine is 2 yrs then they got me doin capstone by itself in the summer. I only have 10 total credit hrs in the fall '12 semester, so I'm gonna see if I can move Econ up to this fall so I make space for capstone in spring '14 so I can graduate in June rather than august.
- Jul 14, '12 by Jsayers11I am going to try and move some of mine around as well. I had 19 transfer hours, and still wouldn't graduate until June 2015. Did they say about someone calling to register for classes with you?
- Jul 14, '12 by ikegrad2002Hi everybody. I took my Hesi on June 27th and I applied to the campus in Houston. I passed the Hesi: 88% on Reading, 96% on Anatomy and Physiology, 92% on Math and I have a GPA OF 3.5. I'm just waiting for someone to call me and let me know something. I am so nervous. It's been almost a month and I haven't heard anything! Can someone tell me how long it takes for them to call and let me know if I have been accepted or not and do you think my scores are good enough, seeing that there is so much competition? I am about to go crazy!
- Jul 14, '12 by sharieka aliciai had 51 transfer credits lol...the financial aid lady said that's the most she's seen in Atlanta! So if i can successfully move things around, I can probably be done in 5 1/2 semesters. And yes my adviser said someone will call me regarding registration. Also, my first session will be NR-101, NR-222, and SOCS-185...all of which i can take online...so i can remain full time at my job until the fall semester starts!
- Jul 14, '12 by sharieka alicia@ikegrad2002
Idk what its like in Houston, but in Atlanta you would definitely be in. But idk how different things are there bc Im sure most things vary depending on location. Maybe u can email ur adviser inquiring what your next step is.
- Jul 15, '12 by ikegrad2002THANKS SHARIEKA ALICIA! AND CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE! I WILL DEFINITELY DO THAT!
- Jul 15, '12 by sharieka aliciaThanks Hun! And good luck!!!!
- Jul 15, '12 by ikegrad2002THANKS : )
- Jul 15, '12 by Jsayers11Thats great sharieka! I didn't take that many classes before applying here. This is actually the first nursing school I have applied too. Thats why I am going back and forth about the cost. I just think I have the grades this far to def make it in the program at Ga Highands, but I wouldnt be ready to apply till next april! Then again I can start at Chamberlain in September, and be done in 2 years if I start now verus 4 years all together at Ga Highlands. It's a tough decision to make. What would you decide to do if your were me?
- Jul 16, '12 by sharieka aliciaHonestly, I would personally stick with Chamberlain. I wish I could've done this earlier. I really just wanna get it over with really bc i clearly have been in school a long time and im tired. lol. I just wanna be a nurse already! If ur GPA is good enough to "easily" get into a regular school...then by all means...do it cuz its cheaper...just keep in mind the competition is FIERCE! But i've been thru enough to say...I'm finally in...and idk when this opportunity will come again, and i've wasted enough time as is. So if i gotta break a lil extra bread...im all for it.
I have a friend that ive been talking with this week...she has a few more classes to retake (bc they expired) but her GPA is almost a 3.7...she wont have to struggle to get into any program in GA. So i told her she should def weigh her options. ME on the other hand...my GPA is around 3.0-3.1...im sticking with Chamberlain! lol...PLUS right now...time trumps money to me. Whichever will make me a nurse sooner...im on board! plus i'll be a nurse when im done so i can slowly pay off my loans for the rest of my life. lol...i notice im rambling so i hope i make sense lol