Chamberlain College of Nursing in Atlanta, GA - Page 14Register Today!
- Jun 24, '12 by sharieka aliciaI''m anxious to know the same thing! I took all of my prereqs already and I would HATE to have to take them over again. If they are accepted I should only have 2 yrs also. Are you currently working?
- Jun 24, '12 by Jsayers11I do work 4 days a week right now. I want to keep my job if at all possible. They are willing to work with me if i can work 2 days a week there. My advisor told me that some classes are online and some are at the school. I live in Acworth, so it's going to be a drive for me in the mornings. Are you planning on working while in school?
- Jun 24, '12 by sharieka aliciaFortunately I live in Sandy Springs so I'm like 10 min from the school. I work 5 days a week now (mon-fri 8a-4:30p), and I work as an MA at an ob/gyn so there's no room for any different shifts bc the office isn't open on nights or weekends. SO I will HAVE TO quit my job even tho I don't want to because of the hours. So now I have to spend the summer finding a new job bc I have bills. lol. Its sad bc i love my job but nursing school is more important. So I really hope I can find something.
- Jun 25, '12 by Jsayers11I work as a pre-op MA in a podiatry office. I make my own schedule, so it kinda all works out for me. I have thought about applying to Wellstar as a tech to get my foot in the door. I know a lot of people that work there to help me out. You should look into them as well. You could always work on the weekends.
- Jun 25, '12 by sharieka aliciaThat would be awesome...I will definitely look into them. I definitely would like to do something preferably in a hospital, if not, maybe an urgent care center or something.
- Jun 26, '12 by beckyvI was accepted a couple of months ago for Sept... I will say it is a slow process, I think because they are new and didn't realize the insane response they would have And their transfer system was down for a couple of weeks - it took me about 3 weeks to find out if my sciences froM GSU transferred, which they all did
I learned last week that they now have their accreditation here. When I first went to sign paperwork, I had to sign a waiver that I realized they were not accredited. Last week, I was told I no longer needed that as they had just gotten it!
Also, I am a 2nd degree student as well, and I can't get a private loan through Sallie Mae... Chamberlain DOES have their own loan you can apply for - the terms are not as lenient (ie you start paying immediately), but if it's the last resort, it is there
I found the HESI incredibly easy, and I have been out of school for 14 years. I had an 87% on math/reading I believe...
Registration begins in July for the September start. It is the 2nd half of their summer semester (which totally threw me off!) lol I'm excited about starting though - I'm ready to get going, and I will start nursing classes in September - I would have to wait til Fall to go anywhere else unless I am lucky enough to get into GSU, which isn't likely with a measly 3.2 GPA lol
- Jun 26, '12 by MindyydniMwhat classes do you already have?
- Jun 26, '12 by sharieka alicianice post beckyv...everything u said...is awesome lol...from all ur credits transferring to the accreditation! Im super excited about starting myself. I havent gone over my credits to see what will transfer and what wont yet...i've done everything already so hopefully I cant get good news like you and start with nursing classes. So where are you at with the process right now? What do you have left to do before school starts?
- Jun 27, '12 by beckyvI have a previous degree in management, and went the to GA state last year and completed A&P I and II and Micro, which all transferred to Chamberlain. I have just 3 or 4 "pre req"type classes left - ethics, speech, sociology, which they spread around with other nursing classes. I did have to send in the syllabus for each science class I had to transfer over, so keep them if you have them! If you took them at an accredited school, they will likely transfer (history and those things types of classes transferred also without a syllabus review)
Right now, I've done my pre-enrollment meeting, drug screening, and signed all the docs. So I am just applying for scholarships to hopefully fill in the gap from federal aid, and waiting for July to come so I can register for classes!
- Jun 27, '12 by Jsayers11Thanks for post beckyv! I have also completed all my science courses along with algebra and english as well. I have an appt on July 12th for review of those courses that transfer along with the drug screen/background check, and tution. I do have a question about that. Is the drug test done at the school or elsewhere? What all is done at the pre-enrollment meeting?
I didn't know Chamberlain offered a loan you can use. I will keep that in mind, but prob will look into Sallie Mae first. Thanks agian for the info. Cant wait to meet soon.
Sharieka, did they ever call you to schedule your financial aid apptointment? I was thinking about that yesterday, and thought I would ask ya.