Chamberlain College of Nursing - Addison - page 56
291,652 Views | 694 Comments
Anyone know anything about this place?... Read More
- 0Feb 8, '12 by ruprtxbI registered yesterday. My first semester i am taking 17 credits of classes and then I'll start nursing classes/clinicals in the summer. The appointment was quick they just told me what classes to take, signed me up, and it was done. All I have to do is get my id. You can use your id to buy books and they'll charge it to your account.
- 0Feb 11, '12 by ruprtxbI registered at chamberlain. After you go to the financial aid meeting and pass the drug test and background check they have you set up an appointment for enrollment. I didn't pay upfront because I requested loans. I was told to bring my MPNs to my enrollment appointment and that they would not make me put anything down if I showed them those papers. Hope that helps!
- 0Feb 15, '12 by littleone77Quote from AHelpingHandWell, since it is accelerated it is tough. You don't really get a long enough break where you feel refreshed and you are constantly burned out. I'm going to start med surge in 2 weeks and am terrified . Haven't been seeing/hearing good things about med surg and pharmacology. A lot of people are failing med surg, pharm, and pathophysiology. We actually had 30 people fail patho last session! So there has been a lot of anxiety going on at Chamberlain, but it is nursing so I am sure it is like that every semester.Does anyone have any additional comment about the Chamberlian College Accelerated BSN Program. I currently have a Kinesiology Bachelors Degree. Is the program complete online other than clinicals. I live a couple of hours away from one of the sites and I do not mind computing for clinicals. Any advice?!
The program is not complete online. All the nursing classes are on site only. I think they are planning on making research an online class, but that is still in the works and that is only one nursing class they are willing to put online. They don't want to have any problems with cheating and stuff.
What do you mean by a couple hours? When you get further into the program you might have to be in school a lot. I am going to be in school 3 days a week next semester and then 2 days at my clinical site. Also, you have to take into consideration driving down there for review sessions, meeting with groups, sim lab, etc. If you are willing to do it then it's not too bad. I live 45 min away and sometimes I have to be in school early so it can be draining. Also, you might get a clinical site that is near the school. If you live a couple hours away you have to see if you are willing to drive all that way to make it in time to be at clinical at 7am either twice a week (6 hours each day) or once a week (12 hour clinical). If you are willing to do all that then I say go for it.
- 0Feb 21, '12 by stash11Quote from AHelpingHandHiDoes anyone have any additional comment about the Chamberlian College Accelerated BSN Program. I currently have a Kinesiology Bachelors Degree. Is the program complete online other than clinicals. I live a couple of hours away from one of the sites and I do not mind computing for clinicals. Any advice?!
Yes, you can absolutely take all theoretical classes online then 3 1 week lab simulations and then of course clinicals at your local hospitals, so it is very doable, I think many people mix up the fact that the ABSN is run differently from the 3 year BSN :-)
All the best
- 0Feb 21, '12 by momdeboI just withdrew from Chamberlain/DeVry. I took a wonderful sociology class but the nursing class left a lot to be desired. The instructor was very unprofessional including making some pretty negative remarks about BSN students that the class then followed with a BSN bashing party (which really cracked me up as this is a BSN course the instructor is teaching and the students are pursuing, um, duh?). I also had a terrible time getting constructive feedback and would get condescending e-mails that were pretty belittling as a response. I tried to complain and got the standard "she is an excellent instructor and we've not had this problem before" response despite the fact that I sent copies of all the posts and e-mails. I decided that the frustration and lack of results were not worth it and am taking my energy and money elsewhere. Good luck to you all, hope it goes better for you.