Do I need geometry????Register Today!
- by Darkpk55 Oct 25, '10To get into nursing school I don't need to know geometry in my program but will I need itmto become a Crna.
I need help to, I'm freaking out so much and I want to cry! I need a minimum Gpa of 3.2 to be considered to get into nursing school!! The ones accepted have a 3.8-4.0 GPA!! How the hec do iget that in college??? Will I have to get an A in every class?? Omg I am scared to death... I can manage to get B's and A-'s but wouldn't that be a low Gpa!!!
Omg I'm scared help
- 2,215 Views
- Oct 26, '10 by PetiteOpRNYou seem to have a lot of questions about classes that are needed to become a nurse. Academic advisers at your school should be able to tell you exactly what you need to do to get into and succeed in nursing school.
It sounds like you are a college freshman. You have plenty of time to figure things out. Just focus on doing your best in the classes you are actually taking this semester, and don't worry about the classes you aren't.
- Oct 26, '10 by HouTxAre you even enrolled in college yet? It was hard to tell by your post. First of all, you need to understand how to compute your GPA - getting 'all A's' would produce a 4.0 GPA... All B's = a 3.0, etc.
Becoming a nurse takes intellectual horsepower - nursing is a science-based profession. Becoming a CRNA takes significantly more effort and ability. If you find that you are unable to achieve the GPA required for admission to nursing school, it may mean that nursing is not the best goal for you. It's always best to keep your options open.
Best of luck in whatever you choose
- Oct 26, '10 by roser13OP, after reading all of your threads, I think that you truly need to take a step back from all of the nursing/school and anxiety and take a deep breath.You can only progress one step at a time. So while it's admirable to be planning your future, worry does not equal planning. What's your next step? Finding a school that fits your requirements? Wrap your mind around that.It is of absolutely no use to get all worked up about something that is so far in the future, such as your CRNA when you're not even a nurse yet.Worry about grade point averages when you are not even in nursing school yet? Useless.
- Oct 26, '10 by JayVArnHoneslty I use geometry at least twice a day in the ICU. Finding the corner angles of an isosceles triangle and use the pythagorean theorem and such.