CRNA vs. MDA SALARY
- 0Does anyone in here think that in the near future CRNA's could possibly make equal wages with MDA's due to the recent development of the OPT-OUT states???
In either case, what do you think some of the possibilities are for the CRNA and the MDA in 5, 10, or 20 years down the road?
- 9,301 Views
- 0I know there is no such thing as a practical nurse anesthetist!!
I was thinking of future possibilities with the Nurse Anesthetist's expanded scope of practice.
Sounds like the CRNA's here say no chance of ever becoming like an MDA or being as equals or even close to it!
If this is true then i suppose CRNA's will never have a salary like an MDA!!
What do you see in the FUTURE?????????????Last edit by matt12345654321 on Oct 4, '06
- 0Oct 5, '06 by paindocWhen this happened at the Univ of Kentucky several years ago during a shortage of residents, and when UK hired locum CRNAs making more than the attending physicians, half the physicians were gone within a few years. Eventually the chairman was ousted, the CRNAs were fired, and the MDs prevailed.
It is likely increasing competition financially between MDs and CRNAs in the opt out states will eventually lead to more and more locked out departments where CRNAs will never be hired under any circumstance. Of course podunk hospitals 200 miles from the nearest Walmart will never have this situation, so it may be well worth investing in a good fly fishing rig in the opt out states.
- 0Oct 5, '06 by CougRNQuote from traumaRUsThe ANA doesn't lobby for CRNA's. We have our own lobbying group that has been very good to CRNA's for a long time. And I don't think the goal of our association or CRNA's is to become "equals" to MDA's. We have a lot of the same skills and training but that doesn't make us equal. They have their job and we have ours and a lot of it overlaps. If you want to be the Doc go to med school, if you want to give anesthesia go to NA school.Again - this shows the difference in lobbying power of the AMA versus the ANA!
- 0Oct 5, '06 by matt12345654321[quote=CougRN]The ANA doesn't lobby for CRNA's. We have our own lobbying group that has been very good to CRNA's for a long time. And I don't think the goal of our association or CRNA's is to become "equals" to MDA's.
Are you positive? LOL
So what are the goals of the AANA?
What are they lobbying for?Last edit by matt12345654321 on Oct 5, '06