CRNA job market in Washington State
- 0Apr 29, '07 by MelissaRN.FutureCRNAJust wondering about the job market in the NW. Any info?Last edit by MelissaRN.FutureCRNA on Nov 15, '07
- 7,679 Visits
- 0May 6, '07 by zrmorganQuote from MelissaRN.FutureCRNAWas at WANA a few weeks ago. Did not see very many CRNAs there under the age of 45. There are a couple of programs here, one that graduates 8 or so students, and the other that hires all of their graduates (Army program). I think the market is very open here and I see the demand rising before we can attract enough help. There are pockets in Tacoma and Olympia that are exclusive to anesthesiologists, but there is still a lot of work in western washington.Hello all! I am an SRNA looking forward to relocating closer to home upon graduation. Just wondering what your perception of the job market and atmosphere for CRNAs is like in Washington State. I have looked on gaswork, but was hoping for a more personal-experience perspective. Thank you!!!
I am at a small medical center in Centralia, we are looking for a CRNA now. I think it is a great job.
As far as the atmosphere...currently (I say this because anesthesia politics can change over night) WA seems pretty stable politically.
Hope this helps. Good luck.
- 0May 6, '07 by MelissaRN.FutureCRNAThank you so much -- that really helps! I just got back from the MidYear Assembly in DC and was fortunate enough to meet some CRNAs from WA who all seemed great. I also know that WA is an opt-out state, making it appear (at least from a distance) a little more CRNA friendly. Thanks again for the info! I look forward to the transcontinental move in a short 18 months! ;-)
- 0Jun 21, '08 by FlyingEDI realize this is an old link, but just checking to see if you two are still happy in WA. I am from Seat/Tac currently starting my 2nd year at the Univ of North Florida. I am starting to look at jobs in Wa, in preparation to moving home. How are things? Any insight you could offer would be great.
- 1Jul 1, '08 by zrmorganQuote from FlyingEDWhats the matter flying...why arent you staying in FL? Can't take the heat? Just kidding...I went to Barry...Florida was a blast...but the summers just about did me in. I will tell you the job market if Florida is better AEB all the jobs on gaswork. As far as jobs in western wa go it is sporadic. Starting from Seattle and moving south...you have Northwest Hospital (I think...this is a new deal) the U, Childrens, Harborview, Swedish Ballard, Virginia Mason, the VA, Madigan in Tacoma, nothing in Olympia, a job in Shelton, I am in Centralia, and some positions in the Vancouver area at Southwest Med Ctr. There are a few jobs in smaller hospitals east of the cascades until you get to Spokane then there are bigger hospitals hiring out there. Keep in touch when you get closer to graduation.I realize this is an old link, but just checking to see if you two are still happy in WA. I am from Seat/Tac currently starting my 2nd year at the Univ of North Florida. I am starting to look at jobs in Wa, in preparation to moving home. How are things? Any insight you could offer would be great.
Although it is an opt-out state, there are lots of team positions, usually, in the larger centers such as the U, Harborview, and VM. Here in Centralia, we are all solo, however, our group is very cohesive and we all help eachother out...there are always two providers on call. Something to consider when you look for a job as a new grad is if you are going to be alone, how alone will you be? Good luck, if you want send us your CV when you are close to being done.
- 0Dec 20, '08 by FlyingEDZRMorgan,
Down to less than a year. Time is screaming by and my wife and are working on trying to decide what to do after graduation. So, if you had a crystal ball, what do you think your needs, in Centralia, will be like in 12 mos. My wife and I love the area and would be an ideal place to raise the kids. Thanks for the help. I hope you will be going to San Diego this year.
- 0Apr 14, '10 by cstuckey74ZR Morgan,
I am a AF CRNA currently deployed to Afghanistan. I am looking to relocate to the WA area when my commitment is complete in June of 2011. Do you foresee any openings with your group in Centralia at that time. I would be more than happy to send you my CV if you think you may have positions open.