Congratulations on your boards. Now here's a list of things you need to do-
1. Start your new job
2. Go to a state meeting and volunteer for a committee
3. Donate to the AANA Foundation to help the students that are following after you.
4. Donate to CRNA-PAC to help fund the fight to preserve practice rights at the federal level. Donate to your state PAC to fund the fight at the state level.
5. Be a clinical and/or didatic instructor as a way of honoring those who taught you.
6. When your AANA dues notice comes- PAY IT! IT's the best bargain for the profession.
7. Spend your CE dollars wisely- use some to support your state orgainzation, some to support schools
-don't send it all to the MDs.
8. When you get a ballot (state or national AANA) vote, if you don't know all the candidates find someone who does and listen to them or at least vote the races you know.
Always remember the Anesthesia Pioneers that fought year after year to get us where we are today. Honor the past, contribute to the present, and build for the future!!!!! Always remember you are part of a profession built on caring for patients and not just working a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!