What are some other good online CNM programs?Register Today!
- by klone May 28, '11I was in Frontier's program, doing their RN-MSN bridge, and I withdrew/transferred out last month, having decided that I really need/want a BSN. I definitely want to continue on to get my MSN and while I'm not 100% certain I want to go into nurse-midwifery, I'm not ruling it out.
What other good online programs are there? I know there's Georgetown (SO expensive!), University of Cincinnati, and Philadelphia University. Any others?
I'm also considering becoming a "traditional" student again and going to University of Colorado. Only 1/2 of their classes are online, and the idea of being in a classroom again is really unappealing. But as a resident, it would probably be the cheapest option of all of them, plus I would do my clinicals with midwives that I already know really well.
- 7,510 Views
- May 29, '11 by LynnetteCPMI am an alumni of Univ of Co having gone for the traditional BSN. I am confused, are you still needing to do the RN-BSN? U of C has that and some of those students were with us in class. I found classes that required showing up sometimes easier than the online ones. Class is usually only one day a week and it really is not so bad. The instructors are all great.
I am attending University of Cincinnati for the CNM, all online, and I never have to go there. Just finishing the first quarter. So far so good. They have many options for MSN's. It was easy getting in for me. I think that it is not yet super competitive. Do they have an online RN-BSN? I am not sure.
I will still use local preceptors, so in any case, you will probably work with those you know regardless of the program.
- May 29, '11 by kloneI am going to complete my BSN through Western Governors University, but want to go on for my MSN after that. Thanks for the feedback!
- Jun 7, '11 by LilyRoseCNMI believe Eastern Carolina University also has an online program for CNM, as well as Shenandoah University in West Virginia.
- Jun 7, '11 by MandaRN94LynnetteCPM -what do you think of the University Of Cincinnati 1st quarter? I will be doing the online program for WHNP and really haven't heard much about the program good or bad? Do you work full time -are you a full time student? Any info would be appreciated!
- Jun 13, '11 by RNmilwifeHi klone, I'm curious. How come you decided that you wanted your BSN? Did you not like Frontier?
- Jun 14, '11 by LynnetteCPMQuote from MandaRN94The first quarter was tough! One class took all I had and the other they designed to be fairly easy. So they know it is hard. I do work, am continuing my home birth practice, so I have some scheduling flexibility. When I am not working, I am doing school. It was hard, but doable.LynnetteCPM -what do you think of the University Of Cincinnati 1st quarter? I will be doing the online program for WHNP and really haven't heard much about the program good or bad? Do you work full time -are you a full time student? Any info would be appreciated!
- Jun 19, '11 by CourtneyOBRNVanderbilt offers an online CNM program, they call it 'modified block format' and you do have to travel out to the campus several times. It is also VERY expensive, though not quite as bad as Georgetown.
- Jul 19, '11 by blackbird singingHow do the pre-reqs for UC work? I am living in Cinci now and I have been looking at CNM programs for a while, but I can never seem to navigate UC's website without becoming frustrated and confused haha. Do you have to take them at UC?
(I graduated from OSU with microbio and spanish degrees this spring. aka: not nursing. I have taken the pre-reqs at OSU for the programs that I am applying for ... A&P, stats, micro, etc.)
- Sep 9, '11 by tucsonashI'm doing Georgetown right now. I know it's expensive. I look at it as investing in myself/future happiness. Just took my first exam of my first semester. So far, so good.