Frontier CNEP Class 112 or 113Register Today!
This is a discussion on Frontier CNEP Class 112 or 113 in Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNM), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... Hey everyone. I see that Frontier University has extended the deadline for class 112 until December...by Kiddie_Nurse12 Oct 31, '12Hey everyone. I see that Frontier University has extended the deadline for class 112 until December 30 which will help a lot because I have to have my BSN on my transcript prior to applying they told me and I graduate December 15th. If my university isn't able to get it to me fast enough then I will be applying to class 113. What about everyone else? Have you applied, planning to apply, accepted already and want to give us feedback.
Best of luck to us future midwives!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=795245©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,198 Views
- Feb 11 by midwifetobe85Quote from Kiddie_Nurse12Hey there! I see no one ever answered you. Did you end up applying to 112 or 113? I've just applied to 113. Fingers crossed!Hey everyone. I see that Frontier University has extended the deadline for class 112 until December 30 which will help a lot because I have to have my BSN on my transcript prior to applying they told me and I graduate December 15th. If my university isn't able to get it to me fast enough then I will be applying to class 113. What about everyone else? Have you applied, planning to apply, accepted already and want to give us feedback.
Best of luck to us future midwives!!
- Feb 12 by Kiddie_Nurse12Hey there!! I just submitted my packet TODAY for class 113!! Best of luck to the both of us!
- Feb 23 by MoasaI have been voyeuring the CNEP forums and now it's time to chime in. I applied into class 113 too! The wait is killing me! I think we should probably start a support group. Do you know if we receive or acceptance status in an email or do they mail it us?
- Feb 23 by midwifetobe85Quote from MoasaHey Moasa! I know, I can't believe we have at least a month still to wait! I'm really hoping that it will be closer to the 25th of March than the 8th of April. I'm recent BSN/RN grad and applying with 5 years of doula and CBE experience. I've known that I've wanted to be a midwife for while and have been actively working toward it. I've heard nothing but great things about the program and really hope to be accepted. What is your story?I have been voyeuring the CNEP forums and now it's time to chime in. I applied into class 113 too! The wait is killing me! I think we should probably start a support group. Do you know if we receive or acceptance status in an email or do they mail it us?
I've read on here that they email acceptance letters and send rejection letters by regular mail. I have not confirmed that with the school though.
- Feb 25 by MoasaIt's nice to meet you midwifetobe85! I hope that soon we can meet in person. I am studying for my RNC right now so it makes the wait a little easier and I am able to forget how grueling it can be to wait for an admission acceptance. I'm a big fan of doulas! I had one for my second born and she was fantastic! I am like you in that I used nursing as a stepping stone into midwifery. I'm so excited that it's finally (fingers crossed) going to happen. Right now I work in a high risk tertiary L&D unit (I was lucky enough to start right out of nursing school a few years ago) and I love my job. I'm just finally ready to move up to the next level and get my CNM! I have already been scouring my email inbox and mailbox for a Frontier letter, even though I know it's way too early! I will let you know if I hear anything- I hope to meet you soon!
- Mar 1 by Kiddie_Nurse12Hi there! Hopefully we all will be meeting each other May 20! I keep trying to stay busy and keep my mind off of it but it is not really working! haha I am a peds nurse, I just completed my CAPPA doula training this past weekend so I am also working on that whole process. Where are you guys coming from? I am in Tampa, FL.
- Mar 2 by midwifetobe85Hi Ladies! Nice to meet you both.
Moasa how cool that you managed to step right into L&D! I would have definitely been open to that but did not have any luck as a new grad and I knew that med-surg would not be right for me. I've loved my work as a doula and have also had the opportunity to work as a home birth CNMs assistant. I've been working toward this goal for so long now and could not feel more ready to start midwifery school.
Hi Kiddie_Nurse12! I'm located north of Boston, MA. That's awesome that you did your doula training. I just completed CAPPA's Childbirth Educator training, it was really wonderful.
I'm so anxious to hear from Frontier! Unfortunately I don't have a lot going on right now to distract me. I really hope they let us know closer to the 8 week mark than the 6 week mark, especially since it will involve getting a plane ticket.
Did you both consider other programs near you or other distance ones? Or also apply elsewhere? What made you choose Frontier?
- Mar 4 by MoasaHi guys!
Yes, I was lucky to start as a new grad in L&D. I would have rather shoot myself in the foot than work the floor- but- the skills that nurses learn as a nurse anywhere are valuable. I told my work when I interviewed that midwifery is the only reason I went into nursing and what I want to do and they hired me! (I even caught a baby today which is one of the things I love about my job!) I am based out of a really high risk center so I have learned and deeply appreciate everything that could possibly go wrong, but have a deep desire to work with women who want conscious birth and who are in good health. I am only applying to Frontier. I didn't even consider other schools, I have a coworker in the program and it seemed like a good fit with a great reputation. I live in Arizona and there is a local midwife group that I could precept with. I hope we hear soon 'cause it'd be nice to buy cheaper tickets and have that relief of being able to plan your life around that expectation. I can't wait to meet you both!
- Mar 9 by LaborLovinRNGood luck, I hope you hear soon from Frontier!! I am in Class 112 - CNEP student - and just returned home from Frontier Bound. I have to say it was a great experience and I'm very excited to part of such a wonderful community