Fnp/cnm - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 23, '10 by LoveANurse09I notice alot of people planning to do midwifery after their kids are a little older. I have small kids as well and was wondering why wait? Is it because of being on call/late hours? While family practice is more of a 9-5? I'm trying to figure out more of the lifestyle part of being a midwife.
- Jul 23, '10 by SiennaGreenFor me, I think it depends on the arena you intend to practice Midwifery in. I have friends who work in hospitals, and have a set schedule. They have very young children, one just had a baby and is on maternity leave currently.
My preference in Midwifery is to work in either a smaller clinic or homebirth, either way I will likely have plenty of on call hours. That's the peice that I want to be confident that if I have to leave my kids in the middle of the night and my husband is traveling, they are capable of carign for thenmselves or getting off to school. When I say "when they're older" I am thinking 10ish.
- Nov 20, '10 by kangaroo2Bebeleche -
Can you please tell me how long it would take to do a post masters certificate in midwifery if you already are a FNP, or vice versa (CNM first and then post masters for FNP).
I'm trying to decide what the best route is for me!
- Nov 20, '10 by danceluverI've been recently informed that it is very difficult to keep up both the CNM and FNP cert if you do not plan on living in a rural area-is this true? Do you have to choose between the two ultimately if I want to live in a more suburban or metropolitan area (like seattle, LA, Dallas, phoenix, etc)? I am totally interested in doing both, but would be discouraged if I would have to choose one in the end simply because the opportunities aren't there to maintain your certifications?
What sort of practice are you working in if you are both an CNM and FNP?
- Sep 27, '11 by ACoop"Is anyone out there a FNP and CNM? If so, did you get the FNP or the CNM first? How do you integrate the two in practice? I know what I want to do with it, but I want to hear if there is anyone else out there who had the same idea. Thanks so much!! Oh, and if anyone did the went to Frontier for their two certifications how did that go, I have heard a lot of good things from them.
I know I am probably late on this but this is what I am doing too. Going to do FNP program first and then CNM, does anyone know how long the post masters degree program is once you are already a FNP to finish the CNM?? Help please