Wound cleansing agentsRegister Today!
- by Mehrana Jun 28, '11Hello,
Please answer.Its important to me!
Which wound cleansing agent do you use for wound care after cardiac sugery?
Do you still use Povidone-Iodine?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=584433©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,226 Views
- Jun 28, '11 by flo136Hi. I work in intensive care. 5 cardiac bypass patients per weekday. We don't use anything. They come back from theatre with a kind of synthetic mesh and then a thin hydrocolloid dressing (Duoderm) on. Not a problem with having to clean sternal wounds. But normally, just saline. No iodine here for many years.
- Jun 28, '11 by BiffbradfordBetadine before surgery.
Soap and water after. Check _your_ policy.
- Jun 29, '11 by meandragonbrettChlorahexadine night before and morning of. Saline post-op if needed.
- Jun 30, '11 by MehranaThank You for all the info. It really helped.