microteaching on temporary pacemakerRegister Today!
- by igsoon Jul 30, '10hello there, im new on this site. i dont know where to post my inquiries..
Anyhow, im a CCU nurse and was task to do a microteaching on temporary pacemaker. Hmmmm, im having a difficulty where to focus on my teaching... can you suggest in what area of temporary pacemaker would be the most beneficial for nurses? or maybe would require more teachings??? please help! thank you.
- 1,506 Views
- Jul 30, '10 by Wile E CoyoteWho is your audience? Are we talking stepdown RN's who may also be relatively new to nursing, or are you expected to simply refresh a group of well-healed veteran CCU RN's? Something in between, perhaps?
- Jul 31, '10 by aCRNAhopefulI was wondering the same thing. Would the audience benefit from a review of pacemaker problems such as failure to capture/sense/pace and what to do about it?
- Aug 10, '10 by CABGx4Why a patient would need temporary pacing would be a good place to start
- Aug 15, '10 by TakeBackIndications for temporary pacingCommon modes (AAI, VVI, DDD)Capture and sensing thresholdR-on-T risk with V pacingwhen temp wires should be removedtroubleshooting malfunctioning pacing