- by Dsurflee Jan 27How do New grads feel about starting their careers in ICU?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=811497©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,660 Views
- Jan 27 by anicwaltersQuote from DsurfleeI started in CVICU. Very scary as a new grad but now 1 1/2 years in. I'm so glad. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else!!How do New grads feel about starting their careers in ICU?
- Jan 27 by Nursingbride12It was an extremely challenging and rewarding situation. Been here for 7 months and off of orientation for 2months. Ruined me for med surg or anything slower paced
My orientation process made a difference though. I had a bad preceptor and a good one and the difference in their teaching made me the nurse I am today with two perspectives!!
- Feb 12 by andi.wI started out in CCU/open heart as a new grad. Definitely overwhelming. I went to a small community college before moving to a larger city. I felt as though my "small town" practicum experience during school wasnt adequate enough to prepare me for starting out in ICU. I had never even seen a patient with an arterial line or a vent. So it definitely was a little extra work for me, but totally worth it!
- Feb 22 by AmandaBuschI'm currently in my first year of working in ICU and it is very overwhelming. I have been working since last May, and I have already learned so much. I have heard that after one year, it becomes easier!