Dream Job!!Register Today!
- by 2011GradRN Nov 22, '11Hey everyone! I just found out yesterday that I got the job at the CCU at this amazing hospital in my hometown! I am beyond excited and now just looking forward to finishing school and passing boards I know it's a steep learning curve but I cannot wait to start! Just wanted wanted to share my excitement!
- 1,373 Views
- Nov 22, '11 by PQRSTmammaRNCongratulations!!!! That is awesome! I was also hired into a CCU as a new grad. I just finished central orientation and tomorrow is my first day on the unit with my preceptor (eek!). Good luck and keep your eye on the prize!! and treat yourself to a little "hard-work-pays-off" gift... This was mine: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62931584...ttt_id_5503280
- Jan 27, '12 by mscheleeQuote from 2011GradRNHey everyone! I just found out yesterday that I got the job at the CCU at this amazing hospital in my hometown! I am beyond excited and now just looking forward to finishing school and passing boards I know it's a steep learning curve but I cannot wait to start! Just wanted wanted to share my excitement!
Congratulations! I just accepted mt dream job offer after 1.5 years of nursing (1/2 hospice and 1/2 long term acute care) The new job is in a big hospital in the CPCU (cardiac progressive care unit) \IMC about 1/2 of the patient will be from open heart surgery and the rest a mix of IMC. I'm excited too. Good pay patient ratio of 4:1 ( it looks like this is standard and a good training program..
Yay for us!
- Jan 30, '12 by ladybug89I am graduating in May and want to work in a CCU setting. It is nice to hear that new grads can work in these areas. I wasn't sure if they would want experience or not.
- Feb 3, '12 by FLGAZRNCONGRATS! I was also a new grad in a CCU and now will have 4 years experience in May. It is a great great learning experience and you will love your job. Where are you living by the way? I heard that a lot of places were slowing down their new grad hires in critical care units.
- Feb 4, '12 by cheezy_curlscongrats guys, hope that i will be assigned to those area in the future, because it's really my preferred unit in a hospital, in God's will.. =)
- Feb 4, '12 by cheezy_curlsbtw i like the cicu most..
- Feb 9, '12 by 2011GradRNThank you! I am in Houston in the TMC. It seems like a pretty good amount of new grads got hired into ICU positions from my nursing school.