CCRNs -CMC exam?Register Today!
- by *RN123ABC* Dec 12, '08I'm already CCRN cert for many years. I want to tke the CMC exam but I don't know anyone who has. Tell me how you prepared and what you thought of the test please!
- 15,897 Views
- Feb 27, '09 by MCB43076Hey there, I took both the CMC and CSC certs. Got them both first time. They were very focused but fair tests. I ordered a review cd from MED ED featuring Cammy House-Fancher. I have seen her in person for a CCRN review a while back and she is AWESOME!!! The review disk was for both certs and obviously worked. I have only had my ccrn since feb 08. Took these tests in Nov 08. Needed to know big picture and detailed info such as (Big Picture) what 5 things must a person who is admitted with a stemi have before discharge.....1. Beta Blocker 2. ASA 3. ACE 4. Statin 5. Smoking cessation. Also drugs to give if allergy to one of the previous ACE = ARB, ASA = Plavix. Small details would be like common side effect of ace (angioedema) scratchy throat, not real allergy but prescribe ARB to fix problem. The CSC was 70% PA cath. 30% PA cath + ABG analysis.... vent changes, which gtt to wean first. Established (by the book) max doses, this was hard for me, I am used to recovering cabg's by the orders given by a certain set of surgeons. Then some CCRN type stuff.... Too much Nipride and you get Theocyanate (sp?) poisoning.... I haven't posted enough times to PM but respond to this with any questions you might have. Take the test, it is nice being one of the few.
- Feb 28, '09 by WhitemountainmagicRNWhere would you take these exams??..is there a website to find local sites?
- Mar 27, '09 by jirapornTO MCB 34076
Thank you very much for posting your experiece in CMC exam. That is the very informative post. I've checked out MED ED for Cammy House Fancher DVD , which I also known her previously from CCRN. I agree ,she is awesome .... I will use her CMC review DVD together with AACN review DVD, will see how they work.
- Oct 5, '09 by silver1Which review DVD's are better, the MED ED or AACN CMC review?
- Oct 28, '09 by ICUnurse1997I am currently studying using the AACN CME review on DVD. I am about half way through the DVD's and they seem to be pretty good. Is there anyone who has used the MED ED review?
- Oct 28, '09 by CC-RN-EMTPQuote from ICUnurse1997I am currently studying using the AACN CME review on DVD. I am about half way through the DVD's and they seem to be pretty good. Is there anyone who has used the MED ED review?
Hi, I am using the Med-Ed right now. Seems good but would like the opportunity for more practice questions. Not a lot of resources for the CMC/CSC exams out there....
- Oct 30, '09 by silver1For those who have the AACN CME review on DVD, did you get the disk that has the 600 reveiw questions? If so, what do you think about it?