Workman's Comp. Case Management...Where do I start?Register Today!
- by DenysRN May 11, '12hello,
iam a fairly new rn and have been working for an occupational medicine clinic asan on-site nurse for about a year now. well…being that i can't just relax andenjoy being a productive citizen after 4 years of school, i responded to an adin the paper for a bilingual case management position. thought i had an idea ofwhat this job entailed but come to find out noooo...not really. what i do knowis i now need a business license and liability insurance. i have been googling non-stop trying to getmore info and feel less freaked out about this new venture. i have read somepostings and feel more at ease. i enjoy advocating for patients and that is whyi am still on board. also it’s a third-party company and the owner has beenvery helpful… but i would like find nurses to network in that are in the samefield or that started in the field as i did. maybe i should be more specificand ask some specific questions.
- what type of business license do i need?
- what does liability insurance start at $$$ and does anyone recommend a company?
- what is there independent contracting? did not hear about this in nursing school.
- is there a case management bible? or other books or resources i can look into?
that’sas specific as i can get right now…