Case management study courses and materialsRegister Today!
- by Saundra1292 Jan 7Hello fellow nurses,
I am planning on taking the certification for case management this year. What are the best books and study guides to buy? Does anyone have any they are wanting to sell?
- Jan 11 by fosterrnI just took the CCM exam last week. I studied the glossary off the CCMC site. I studied the Case Manager's Handbook by Catherine Mullahy, and the Case Managers Study Handbook by Denise Fattorusso. I did the test and read the books several times. The test is odd and more critical thinking. My preliminary results was pass. I took it four years ago and failed. I was new to case management and did not study. It seemed easier this time.
- Jan 12 by Saundra1292Thank you very much, I will get these books and get to cracking! I am sure you passed! Saundra
- Jan 17 by GrnTeaIf you've been a case manager for four years, you know a lot more about it now. So many people think they'll take a certification examination that is supposed to demonstrate expertise in a specialty without ever having worked in that specialty. If you have a reasonable experience in a specialty, you ought to be able to pass the cert examination. Congratulations!
- Jan 23 by Saundra1292thank you very much Grn Tea, I will come back and let you both know that I passed (positive thinking here!)