Advice in changing to 3M product for Clinical Documentation SpecialistsRegister Today!
- by das5 Feb 9, '12Does your hospital use 3M's CDIS software? We are a 450 bed hospital with a 3+ year documentation program using software that takes too much "clerical" time, has no encoder nor grouper, and does not link with the coding staff, so we are considering a change. Am asking for opinions from experienced CDIS users of the pros and cons of 3Ms CDIS system. In particular am looking for
• automating, as much as possible, the CDS workflow as well as the reconciliation process with the coding staff.
• overall pros and cons
• pros and cons of standard reports and/or capability of development of reports
• best feature / worse feature
Thanks for any input provided.
- Feb 16, '12 by fowl6991i haven't used the 3m product but i recently purchased chartwise to address the same concerns you have had. i have been more than pleased. we have been able to move from doing only medicare reviews to now reviewing all patients due to the decreased manual/clerical workload. i would be more than happy to talk to you about how chartwise is working for us. in case you're interested.... [color=#3333ff]www.chartwisemed.com
carla fowler, rn mba
director, cm and cdi
- Feb 26, '12 by das5Thanks for your information. We are reviewing the web site in prep for our meeting with 3M.