I am a nurse on a cardiac tele floor and was just doing a little browsing through my old college books to brush up on my medication knowledge, when I saw something I have never heard of before. Apparently, I'm supposed to be teaching my patients who wear nitro patches to stay away from microwaves because the patches have aluminum backing and the patient can be burned. Has anyone ever actually seen/heard of this happening? I know I should remove them for defibrillating for this reason, but standing next to a microwave? Never heard of it.
Jul 24, '11
Highly unlikely it could cause a problem - see abstract at this url: