Took a leap.....Register Today!
- by SandraCVRN Oct 19, '11After 6 years in the OR I am returning to bedside nursing. It's a large Cardiac IMC unit. Pt ratios 4:1
Wish me luck, start in about 2 1/2 weeks....
- Oct 20, '11 by groovy jeffwhy???
- Oct 23, '11 by SandraCVRNWhat is the deal?? Why does everyone think I'm carazy?? I miss my awake pts....
- Oct 24, '11 by pitayaI don't think you're crazy. I would hate to work in the OR precisely because I can't talk to my patients. They are the best part of my day.
- Oct 26, '11 by nursej22Best luck to you. I worked 3 years in a cardiac recovery unit and then went back to cardiac telemetry. Yes, my patients are more awake but because I care for 3-5 at a time, I don't get much time to interact with them; frequent interruptions with phone calls and such.
And then there are the visitors to deal with...