Share Your "Brain" Sheet - Page 5Register Today!
- Oct 26, '09 by Maeva002Thanks everyone for sharing your Brain sheets. I will start my preceptorship this week in ICU and feel so excited. I'm graduating this december and cannot wait. AllNurses.com has helped me during this long journey, I know it's not over yet but it's almost OVER. Thank you
- Dec 12, '09 by NocturneNrseWOW.. that is a thing of beauty!!
- Dec 16, '09 by Lucky0220Here is one that I use on MedSurg with 5-6 pts. I got it from someone on this website and then modified it. I put the pt stickers in the upper left area so I have access to their admit date, DOB, Attending, and their acct no. Hope it is of some help. I use legal size paper so I have enough room.
- Dec 22, '09 by franciscan gypsymy floor prints out what we call SBAR sheets. The front of the sheet is divided into fours -- Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendations. The patient's name, age, Dr, drug allergies, and consults are printed on the top of the page. Under Situation is provided what the pt came in for; under Background is labs, etc.; under Assessment is the last shift's assessment; under Recommendations is the meds the pt is on. Then I write the pt Hx up at the top of the page. In the back of the sheet, I write down the pt's story, what happened in the ER (what meds they gave, etc), any other important little things I need to know such as when the next APTT is due or if the pt is ACHS, tests the patient may have undergone or is to undergo, and any updates for if I come back another night and have the same pt and just need to know changes. And I'm very, very fond of sticking colorful sticky notes on my SBARs so I can keep track of tasks that I MUST perform during the night.
It works for me. Although it does look very confusing when I describe it, lol.
- Dec 24, '09 by allsmiles2008Wow thank you everyone for all the great "brains"!!! You're all awesome!!
- Jan 3, '10 by RainbowGirlNurseHere's mine. I am a new grad so I put a cheat sheet on the back. I also work nights so the times can be adjusted.
- Jan 14, '10 by ldyjstcewould love to get a copy of this excel sheet! :-)
- Jan 14, '10 by ldyjstcewould love to get a copy!!!