Anyone has used PCCN review books/CDs/software?Register Today!
- by toriphile23 Aug 15, '11I'm planning to take PCCN this year and I am really broke right now. I wonder if anyone has any used PCCN review books, CDs, software, or material from PCCN review classes? I'm taking this class for my clinical ladder at my job.
- Aug 16, '11 by PMKNSEI got a book and CD's from the hospital medical library to use for free. Saved me a few hundred dollars I didn't have.
- Sep 10, '12 by annatuesdayI feel your pain. I'm in the same boat.
- Sep 16, '12 by turnforthenurseRNIs anyone else at work planning on taking their PCCN? Perhaps y'all could pool together your resources and chip in. Or talk with your hospital's education department - they might have PCCN study materials available for you to use.
- Sep 17, '12 by annatuesdayHi TurnforthenurseRN,
I did check my hospital library. They didn't have anything for any tests , just medical journals and magazine and books. No one I know is taking the PCCN either, because we don't get a raise at our hospital for being certified. I can't find any used David Woodruff CDs. So many posts on here say that these CD's are good, yet they are so hard to find used. What do people do with the CDs after they paased the test?
- Sep 18, '12 by nicoleinI have used David woodruff CDs as well as the AACN CDs as well. However the blue print did change since I took my exam not by much. I think a few disorders were added and a couple taken out!! Anyone interested PM me!!
- Sep 18, '12 by annatuesdayQuote from toriphile23Hi Nicolein,I'm planning to take PCCN this year and I am really broke right now. I wonder if anyone has any used PCCN review books, CDs, software, or material from PCCN review classes? I'm taking this class for my clinical ladder at my job.
Thanks for your answer. I am interested but cannot PM you because I don't have enough posts yet. Can you write me. Annatuesdays at yahoo. Anything would help. I assume you passed. Congratulations, Nicolein, PCCN.
- Sep 18, '12 by annatuesdayThanks for the info. I cannot PM you (not enough posts yet) but please write me. annatuesdays at yahoo. Thanks again Nicolein.
- Sep 18, '12 by turnforthenurseRNSearch CCRN on iTunes. There should be free podcasts by Cammy House-Francher from her CCRN series. I know some of it is more in-depth than what we need to know for the PCCN but overall it's a good review, and it's FREE! The only downside is it's all audio and no visuals or supplemental notes.