UBC nursing application 2011
- 0Jan 13, '11 by krasmussen27Hello,
I'm new to the site and I saw the thread for last years appilcants to UBC nursing so I thought I would start one for this year.
How is the application going for everyone, any tips from 2010 intake?
- 0Jan 20, '11 by krasmussen27if anyone has done an application before or is doing one, what kind of detail did you go into for education and employment record.
Did you get descriptive for either or is it just a listing of your education and any awards you received and job despriction under type of employment?
- 0Jan 24, '11 by secondshotHey there! I've applied for UBC 2011! I don't have a lot to report yet. I finished my A&P pre-reqs in December and thankfully received good grades (A and A+!) so I'm feeling relieved about that. I'll be completing my supplemental this week.
At first glance, my assumption is that work experience is meant to be point-form, and all the other fields (leadership, teamwork, etc) should be short paragraphs describing the experience. But I'm also unsure and I'll probably try to verify this with the nursing department before submitting my application.
Good luck with yours!
- 0Jan 24, '11 by krasmussen27Hi secondshot, thanks for the response. That format is what I have been going with too, point form list of education and work and then paragraphs for the rest. Let me know if you find out anything else.
Congrats on the A&P marks, I just finished my last in december too. Good luck on your application, I will be submitting mine soon after some final adjustments.
- 0Jan 24, '11 by hk25aHey guys!
I'm also working on the application now as we speak. Great to see a thread for 2011! I come across one past applicant who posted a great comprehensive post about the application (top of pg 7):
hope you guys find it helpful! good luck!
- 0Jan 25, '11 by HugBugHey Everybody!
I'm working on my application too! I'm so nervous/excited about it! It's going to kill me not getting a response til late march/early april... So where is everybody coming from? UBC? Or a different university? I'm a UBC student but i'm currently studying at another school in Texas.
Is anybody else anxious about this? I hope i'm not the only one!
- 0Jan 26, '11 by jazzyp88Just going to submit my application sometime this week. I'm having a hard time filling out the membership of different organizations. I was apart of lots of clubs in highschool/university (within the last 5 years) but I expanded on those in the other parts of the application so I don't now if I should just restate the names of the clubs?
I've also applied to BCIT. I really really really hope to get into one of the programs, otherwise I'm applying to U of A and U of C for Jan 2012 and just go travel this september since I have NOTHING else to do!
It's going to be a long wait! Arrgh.
Good luck everyone!