George Brown September 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on George Brown September 2012 in Canada Nursing Programs, part of Nursing in Canada ... I have applied to GB for rpn beginning Sept. 2012 just wanted to know if anyone else applied and if...by sweets21 Jan 1, '12I have applied to GB for rpn beginning Sept. 2012 just wanted to know if anyone else applied and if you know how much time do we have to wait to hear from them. Also is it just me or is GB not doing any entrance exam this year?
Good luck to all who is applying for school....
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=656491©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,507 Views
- George Brown will take time to respond to their applications. I wouldn't expect to hear back for even an early acceptance in the next two weeks, and you may not even hear back in their first 'round' of non-conditional acceptances, which will start Feb. 1st. You could need to wait until March to hear back at all.
As far as an entrance test, I've no idea. I haven't gotten any paperwork for it yet!
- I applied to George Brown as a third choice after the colleges in my city. I recieved a package in the mail from them mid-december, about two weeks after applying, asking me to submit a supplementary form on their website about experience, education, etc. Maybe that is the route they are taking instead of additional exams?
- Likely. I filled all that out on the ontariocolleges website, and I've actually been toying about changing my application, so that could be why I haven't gotten it yet.
- Possibly. I think any time you remove the re-add George Brown they send you an application package. Within a few weeks of applying though you should get one, the letter said it is to be completed by any successful applicant that is not currently enrolled in a full-time highschool program.
- Well, in that case I should be getting one, and it will likely be the 'skills test' that they talk about on their website. I imagine it will be basic gr.12 science questions and the like.
- That's what I'm thinking! Should be a piece of cake.
- Jan 2, '12 by heartnursingWhen I originally applied to GB I did the entrance exam and it consisted of short essay, science and math.
- Jan 6, '12 by johnstoyI applied yesterday to George Brown (as first choice) for the Sept 2012 start RPN program as well. Obviously haven't heard anything back yet, and don't expect to hear anything for awhile ....admin stuff is always so slow LOL.
Fingers crossed though!
- Jan 6, '12 by daniecameronGot my letter today from George Brown saying to mail/fax my supplementary nursing forms.. Gotta get on that ASAP! Haven't heard or gotten anything otherwise but got the typical 'thanks for applying' from Centennial. I find it funny that they both collaborate with Ryerson and yet have totally different policies.